Google is going to inject a really good amount in “Himax” to boost its Glass production. Google Inc. has entered today into a definitive agreement with Himax Technologies Inc. to invest in the company’s subsidiary, Himax Display Inc. (“HDI”). Himax has officially announced today that Google is going to buy 6.3 percent stakes in HDI. Thos cash injection from the search giant will help HDI to manufacture “upgrades expand capacity and further enhance production capabilities at HDI’s facilities.”
“Himax” is a Taiwanese company that manufactures liquid crystal on silicon chips (LOCS) and modules used in different apps and head-mounted displays (HMD), head-up display (HUD) and pico-projector products. Google Glass is the most famous HMD in which HDI LOCS are used. Google really wants to push its sales through Google Glass which is the basic purpose of this purchase. Google can also expand its stakes upto 14.8% within a year under this agreement. The transaction is expected to close in the current quarter.
Himax President and CEO Jordan Wu states that “Google is a preeminent global technology leader. We are delighted to receive this investment and to form a strategic partnership with Google.” Himax is already having investments from Intel Capital Corp, KPCB Holdings Inc. and Khosla Ventures I L.P. Google is also added into its investors today. No other financial details of this deal are disclosed.
- Should Google buy Slack to bridge messaging gap?
- Google buys patents from Foxconn for Google Glass
- Comments for : Google mythbusting various privacy concerns surrounding Glass
- Comments for : Did Google buy Motorola to kill smartphone profits?
- Samsung buys stake in Gorilla Glass maker Corning to secure supply till 2023
- Comments for : Samsung buys stake in Gorilla Glass maker Corning to secure supply till 2023
- Is HTC quietly building a cloud empire? Buys stake in SyncTV
- OnePlus 6 is official: Snapdragon 845, 6.28" notched display, and glass back
- Did Google buy Groupon for $2.5 billion over the weekend?
- Google Buys Nest Labs for $3.2B
- Google buys firm to boost image recognition capabilities
- Google Assistant on smart displays: What devices are there and what will they offer?
- Google Buys Military Robot Maker Boston Dynamics
- Comments for : OnePlus' OneWatch leaks in time to impress with circular display, Sapphire glass, and curved battery
- Comments for : Google buying Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion
- Google confirms first Smart Displays launching July
- Google patent describes tileable displays to turn your living room into a movie theater
- Comments for : Google's Sergey Brin wears Project Glass prototype at a party (pictures)
- Give the vending machine a hug after buying Snaps’s Spectacle video glasses
- Comments for : Apple has invested at least $1.7 billion in LG Display's OLED production, industry watchers say
Google Buys 6.3% Stake In Himax Display To Boost Glass Production have 440 words, post on www.i4u.com at July 22, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.