- Youth union sets off for national sea, islands
- Mobilizing to support fishermen and the national sea-island sovereignty protection forces
- More than 714 million dongs supported for farmers and nation’s sea-island sovereignty protection forces
- Overseas Vietnamese support national sea, island sovereignty
- Art performances focus on national sea, islands
The sixth trans-Vietnam cycling program, “For the national Sea and Islands” started in coastal province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau on July 6 with the participation of 85 votunteers from universities nationwide.
Accordingly, the cyclists will cycle 1,850 kilometers through 18 provinces and cities to the last destination of Hanoi.
During the tour, the volunteers will take part in activities to disseminate the role and values of the country’s sea and islands and the importance of protecting the maritime environment.
Besides, the participants will raise people’s awareness of the danger of bombs and mines left behind the war and mobilise individuals, agencies and organisations to jon hand in overcoming the consequences of these bombs and mines and to encourage people to abide by the law on traffic safety.
The program will end on August 4.
Translated by Chung Anh