- Portraits of APEC member economies’ leaders on show
- President Tran Dai Quang: Fruits of an ever more deepened cooperation between Vietnam and APEC member economies
- APEC member economies approve statement on sustainable tourism
- Destinations in Hoi An city welcome spouses of APEC member economies’ leaders
- APEC member economies adopt statement on sustainable tourism
The two-day event is within the frameworkof the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and is jointly held byVietnam and other APEC member economies, namely Japan ,Australia and Chinese Taipei.
Participants at theworkshop shared their experiences in search and rescue; search andrescue process and technological application; international efforts insearch and rescue at sea and APEC cooperation.
Accordingto experts, maritime trading and transport account for 90 percent ofglobal business transactions. However, natural disasters at sea havecaused great losses as well as made search and rescue activities moredifficult.
International delegates stressed the need toimprove the capacity of APEC member economies in search and rescue atsea as they are all located in the Pacific Rim, a region hardest hitby the impacts of natural disasters.
According toDeputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Hoang Van Thang ,Vietnam has faced many incidents at sea which caused human losses,damage to property and obstructed economic development.
The Vietnamese Government has spared no efforts to fund and improvesearch and rescue forces as well as international and regionalcooperation, he said.-VNA
APEC member economies share sea search, rescue experience have 170 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at 2013-07-18 03:05:38. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.