- Vietnam can potentially produce 31 million tonnes of bio-oil from straw annually
- PetroVietnam aims to produce 6.5 mln tonnes of oil in Q4
- Dung Quat oil refinery set to produce 6 mln tonnes of products
- VN expects to produce 41 mln tonnes of rice this year
- VN exports 3.5 mln tonnes of rice in first half
The conclusion was made by scientistsfrom the Vietnam Petroleum Institute and the Ho Chi Minh City Universityof Technology at a recent conference of the oil and gas sector.
Scientists said the bio oil, to be created by pyrolysis, will serve asan alternative fuel or may be used to produce petrol and diesel in thenear future.
The pyrolysis of other agriculturalby-products such as bagasse, corncobs, and rice husks also sawsatisfactory results, they added.
This method notonly creates bio oil that replaces other traditional fuels but alsohelps reduce pollution caused by the burning of straws and bagasse, thusprotecting the environment.
Scientists estimatesthat around 62 million tonnes of straws, bagasse and corncobs arecreated from agricultural production in Vietnam each year.-VNA
VN to annually produce 31 mln tonnes of bio oil from straws have 117 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at 2013-06-16 09:07:33. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.