- Filipino team wins top prize at International Choir Competition in Hoi An
- Over 500 artists to join int’l choir contest in Hoi An
- Filipino artists win first prize at int’l choir competition in Vietnam
- Indonesian troupe garners special award at int’l choir competition in Vietnam
- Indonesian troupe garners special int’l choir competition award
More than 500 international artists of 15 art troupes from nine countries are showing their talents at the 3rd International Choir Competition which began in the World Cultural Heritage town of Hoi An in central Quang Nam province on June 19.
The four-day event is being jointly held by the Provincial People’s Committee and German’s Interkultur Foundation.
On the occasion, Hoi An town is organising various cultural and artistic activities such as street choir performance under the them of “International Melody” and the Festival “Hoi An Legendary Night” reenacting the night life in the ancient town in early 20th century.
The International Choir Competition originated from the effort to bring people together through singing in peaceful competition. The first competition was held in 2011, with Hoi An selected by Interkultur to host the event.
Hoi An city, whose name can be translated as “peaceful meeting place”, is located at the central coast of Vietnam.
In 1999, the old town was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO as a well-preserved example of a Southeast Asian trading port of the 15th to the 19th centuries, with buildings that display a unique blend of local and foreign influences.