- Outstanding community poverty reduction projects to be honoured
- Role models for poverty reduction honoured
- Bac Giang’s role models in poverty reduction honoured
- Government urges continued comprehensive measures for rapid and sustainable poverty reduction
- Winners of press awards on poverty reduction effort honoured
One-hundred-and-nine outstanding organisations and individuals who have made great contributions to Vietnam’s poverty reduction efforts were honoured at a ceremony held in Hanoi on June 29.
Attending the event were President Truong Tan Sang and Deputy Prime Minister Vu Van Ninh, among others.
The event was one of a number of activities to celebrate the 65th anniversary of President Ho Chi Minh’s appeal to the nation against poverty, illiteracy and foreign invaders.
At the event, participants also reviewed the 10 years of implementing a comprehensive strategy on growth and poverty reduction and 5 years of implementing the Government’s resolution on supporting fast and sustainable poverty reduction in 62 poor districts.
Apart from the ceremony, the event’s organising board presented gifts to poor students who have studied well in Dong Van district in the northern mountainous province of Ha Giang.