- Court jails four for distorting information
- Concerted effort needed to combat false and distorted information
- VASEP demands CFA to remove distorted information about tra fish
- Chinese press distorting information, threatening Vietnamese people
- Thanh Hoa: Blogger detained for producing distorted information
LONG AN (VNS)— Southern Long An Province’s investigative agency on Saturday arrested 30-year-old Dinh Nhat Uy for allegedly compiling and publishing distorted and untrue articles and pictures on his blog, tarnishing the prestige of State bodies.
Uy will be held in custody for three months on charges of “abusing freedom and democracy to infringe the State’s benefits, rights and legitimate benefits of citizen organisations” under Article 258 of the Criminal Code.
On the same day, investigators also searched the home of Uy, who is director of AT Co Ltd, specialised in photocopy and computer repairs, in My Phu Commune of Thu Thua District, Long An Province, according to head of the investigative division of Long An Police, Nguyen Thanh Son.
Investigators have confiscated many documents that contained contents that infringed the legitimate rights of citizen organisations.
Uy is older brother of Dinh Nguyen Kha, who was sentenced for eight years in jail for “conducting propaganda against the State of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam” on May 16, 2013 and two years in jail for another count of “intentionally causing injuries” in another case by the Long An People’s Court. — VNS