- Australian motivational speaker Nick Vujicic inspired by Vietnamese handicapped
- Nick Vujicic talks to 500 children in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nick Vujicic conveys life messages to disadvantaged children in HCMC
- VietnamWorks and Nick Vujicic to motivate Vietnamese jobseekers
- Nick Vujicic talks with 500 disadvantaged children
Nick Vujicic, born with tetra-amelia syndrome, a rare disorder characterized by the absence of all four limbs, will attend the opening ceremony for the 14th Football Tourney for needy children, the “Hoa Sen Group Cup 2013”, on May 25th at the Sporting Hall of Military Zone 7 in Ho Chi Minh City.
Particularly, the man without limbs will kick the ball to launch the event, as well as exchange with needy young players.
Established since 1999, the football event for needy children has discovered many young talents for professional teams, such as goalkeeper Le Bao Khanh from the Vietnam National Futsal Squad, striker Ngo Minh Sang from the Dong Tam-Long An club, midfielder Nguyen Van Meo from Da Nang, or young player Ksor Uc from the HAGL-Arsenal JMG Academy.
This year’s tourney which ends till May 30th, draws 8 teams, including the host Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Ca Mau, Ben Tre, Gia Lai and Da Nang. The champion will pocket VND 30 million, while the runner-up and third place will bag VND 25 million and 20 million, respectively.
In addition, the organizing panel also chooses most valuable players (MVP) from all 8 participating teams for friendly games abroad.
Translated by Pham Huy