Ouya has announced it has secured an additional $15 million in new funding along with the appointment of former EA CCO Bing Gordon to the board of directors. The release date has also slipped a bit.
Gordon will advise the company as it “scales its development community and executes its retail strategy and product development plans,” said the firm in a press release.
The funding was acquired through investment firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers along with the Mayfield Fund, Nvidia, Shasta Ventures, and Occam Partners. The $15 million is in addition to the $8.6 million earned through Kickstarter.
The funding will be used to further support Ouya’s development community and to help meet consumer demand leading up to launch.
“We want Ouya to be here for a long time to come,” said Julie Uhrman, founder and CEO. “People want Ouya, We first heard this from Kickstarter backers who provided more than $8 million to help us build Ouya, then from over 12,000 developers who have registered to make an Ouya game, next from retailers who are carrying Ouya online and soon on store shelves, and now from top pioneering investors.”
Originally slated for release on June 4, the console will now instead release on June 25, and it will be available for purchase in the Canada, US and the UK through Amazon, Best Buy, GAME, GameStop, and Target, and on OUYA.tv for $99.99. Additional controllers will retail for $49.99.
- 15 MILLION people will die and the global economy will take a $2.3 TRILLION hit from coronavirus in the BEST-CASE scenario, new study predicts
- Austin Ekeler agrees to four-year deal with Chargers that includes $15 million in guarantees, per report
- One of SF's heart sculptures sold for $3 million to fund public health initiatives
- Israeli artists fear new funding law will stifle political criticism
- Apple Shutting Down All Stores Outside of China, Pledging $15 Million Towards Coronavirus Response Efforts
- GPs to be offered £1bn in new funds if they improve access and elderly care
Ouya announces $15 million in new funding, Bing Gordon appointment have 317 words, post on www.vg247.com at May 9, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.