HA NOI — More than 2.6 million shrimps are reported to have died due to an attack of white-spot syndrome virus since early this month in central Ha Tinh Province.
Poor quality breeds, unhygienic water, a heat wave and heavy rains were blamed for the situation, said deputy head of provincial Animal Health Department, Dang Thi Kim Hoan.
The department has helped local shrimp farmers to sterilise their shrimp farms, collect and destroy dead shrimps to avoid spread of the disease.
It is also dealing strictly with those selling poor quality baby shrimps of unclear origin. — VNS
- Snubbed by the Oscars
- President Frank Underwood dropped wisdom at Cisco Live on tech, risk taking, and VR
- North Carolina Fights to Restore Oyster Population
- Shellfish Allergy: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- Eating Peppers Might Help Prevent Parkinson’s
- Watch Dr. Pimple Popper Remove A Bowling-Ball Sized Cyst From This Man's Neck
- Living with MS
- The Superhero Diet
- Banish Back Pain Forever
- How a Fat Nation Can Slim Down
- Coming Back Strong
- Bycatch Catastrophe: The Amount of Fish the U.S. Wastes Will Make Your Head Spin
- A Look At New Orleans' New Food Groove
Millions of shrimps die have 179 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 30, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.