- Binh Duong has 10 more wastewater treatment plants
- Binh Duong to build another wastewater treatment plant
- Binh Duong province opens second sewage plant
- Vietnam Soya Milk Products Company constructed its 3rd plant in Binh Duong province
- Bac Lieu province opens new water treatment plant funded by the Australian Government
(CPV) – The first ever plant functioning in collection and treatment of domestic wastewater in Binh Duong province was opened in Thu Dau Mot city on May 31.
With the capacity of 17,650 m3/day, the plant is the output of the first phase of the Japan International Cooperation Agency financed project that implemented by the Binh Duong water supply – sewerage – environment Co., Ltd (BIWASE).
The impacts of socio-economic development activities, domestic and industrial wastewater in Thu Dau Mot city have resulted in severe environmental problems. Thus, the establishment of the sewerage collection and treatment system is considered as the most urgent task to ensure the livable and sanitary conditions in the city as well as to protect the surface water of the Saigon and Dong Nai rivers, which is the source of raw water intake for Ho Chi Minh city.
After the JPY7.770 billion – first phase, the second phase of the project continues to receive the support from the Japanese Government with a total loan of JPY19.961 billion to further expand the sewer network in Thu Dau Mot city, to construct the sewerage treatment plant and sewer network in Thuan An town./.