PANO – The Whole-People Defence Magazine marked 65 years since its first issue (in April) and received the Second Class Military Feat of Arms Order on April 17th in Hanoi, in the presence of Lieutenant-General Luong Cuong, member of the Party Central Committee, member of the Central Military Commission, and Deputy Director of the General Department of Politics.
At the ceremony, Lieutenant-General Nguyen Ngoc Hoi, the magazine’s Editor-in-Chief, and cadres and reporters of different periods recalled the 65 years of building and developing the magazine.
In April 1948, the Military Magazine, the predecessor of the current magazine, released its first issue which printed President Ho Chi Minh’s letter encouraging the magazine, meeting the requirement of the resistance war against French colonists.
Over the past 65 years, the magazine has actively and efficiently fought against wrong viewpoints and the “peaceful evolution” strategy of hostile forces in the political and ideological front. With 104 pages, this monthly magazine now has a circulation of 17,000 and an online version.
After pinning the order on the magazine’s “Determination to Win” flag, Lieutenant-General Luong Cuong, on behalf of the General Department of Politics, hailed the achievements attained by the magazine over the past time. He asked the magazine, which is the military and political argument organ of the Central Military Commission and the Defence Ministry, to keep making clear theories on socialism and the road to socialism in Vietnam, new thought about protection of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, current military strategy and ideology, building whole-people defence and defence area, combination of defence and security, defence-security and economy and external affairs.
The Deputy Director of the General Department of Politics also asked the magazine to have more profound and convincing articles to efficiently combat wrong views and hostile forces.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo is stylish in white mesh pantsuit as she's named Female TV Star of 2020 at People's Choice Awards
- #EndSARS protests: Reactions trail IGP’s use of arms order
- [ICYMI] #EndSARS protests: Reactions trail IGP’s use of arms order
- People's Army honoured for completing tasks
- Commission reviews military, defence task performance in 2020
- PM honours General Department of Defence Intelligence
- 'We Should Be Recognised, Not Criticised': Denmark Dismisses US Reproach of Its Military Budget
- Vietnamese, Lao defence ministries ink cooperation plan for 2021
- Military units to achieve higher outcomes next year
- U.S. House approves defence bill amid Trump veto threat
- Party, State leader attends national political-military conference
- Chinese Defence Industry Reportedly Became World's Second Largest in 2019
- NA Chairwoman visits Military Zone 4
- Beijing's Military Bases in Contested South China Sea Vulnerable to Enemy Attack, Claims Report
- Ministry of Defence shamed as suicides in the armed forces hit new high
- Army youths receive Creative Youth Awards
- US, China dominated arms market in 2019: Report
- Heartbroken SAS soldier pens emotional letter in defence of his comrades - as he begs for those who fought for our freedom to not be shunned for the crimes of a few
- 'Please don't wait for them to reach out': Dua Lipa breaks down as she urges people to 'wrap their arms' around LGBTQ+ youth at the 2020 Attitude Awards
- Canada govt objected to military decision to cancel training with Chinese Army: Reports
Whole-People Defence Magazine awarded Military Feat of Arms Order have 517 words, post on at April 17, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.