The government will approve a decree to set up a national asset management company to boost the resolution of bad debts according to a local official.
Minister and Chairman of the Government Office Vu Duc Dam said the Vietnam Asset Management Company (VAMC) was only one of many measures to deal with bad debts in the current context. Before the company is established, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) and commercial banks had made efforts to settle their bad debts.
However, the minister said each bank had to form their own hedge funds under the State Bank of Vietnam’s instruction.
The VAMC, under the SBV’s management will help banks and enterprises to deal with their bad debts quickly. The VAMC is supposed to play an important role in controlling bad debts which is the main culprit for weak liquidity in the banking system.
The company has received the Politburo’s in-principle approval. The government discussed the roadmap to establishing the company at a meeting last month, but until now nothing seems to have happened.
By the end of February this year, Vietnam’s bad debt rate reduced to 6pct against 8pct of 2012.
- Savers lose a THIRD of their cash as millionaire investment manager Neil Woodford's £10bn fund is to be wound up with administrators vowing to 'return cash to investors at earliest opportunity'
- UPDATE 1-Sweden set to raise $2.3 bln in inaugural green bond -lede
- Bandhan Bank wants to focus on housing finance
- Factbox: Companies seeking restructuring to secure post-COVID future
- Ex-CMV chief sets sail with takeover of stricken cruise assets
- Murugappa Group set to win Swiss challenge for CG Power after no fresh bids, say sources
- A-City Launches Its New Brand Concept in an Event Featuring the Beauty of Smart Living
- Sijibomi Ogundele (Sujimoto): Meet the Agege boy that built a $400million company
- Multi billion Halo Group launches in Nigeria, appoints Akwa-Ibom born Mkposong Asuquo as interim country director
- TikTok influencers say 'everybody is going to take a big hit'
- Ports, power, renewables and now airports — Adani Group’s big, bold infrastructure bets
- Singapore gathers global energy firms to seek out new innovation for sector
- Corporate leaders whose moves will be most watched in 2015
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 7
- Money from bank hacks rarely gets laundered through cryptocurrencies
- Efficiency, productivity and predictability are mantras behind analytical models: IndiaFirst Life CTO
- Mahindra Partners With REE Automotive For Electric Commercial Vehicle Development
- ASX-listed DigitalX reports another blockchain-based loss for FY20
- New European publisher Archant calls on pension lifeboat in rescue deal
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 29
Asset management company set for launch have 413 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 29, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.