PANO – Deputy Defence Minister, Senior Lieutenant-General Nguyen Chi Vinh received Ambassador Stephan Husy, director of the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD), at the Defence Ministry’s Headquarters on March 27th.
General Vinh stressed that Vietnam highly valued GICHD’s support over the past time, and hoped that the support would be continued to help Vietnam expand international cooperation on clearing unexploded ordnance (UXO). Moreover, the organization should work with Vietnam to popularize the real state of UXOs, to conduct activities to overcome UXO consequences, as well as to contact other international donors for technical assistance.
On his part, Ambassador Stephan Husy highly appreciated Vietnam’s achievements in overcoming UXO consequences, and hoped that Vietnam would continue to share its valuable experiences with and give assistance in UXO clearance to other countries.
Earlier, a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding for the National Mine Action Program (Program 504) was inked in Hanoi by the National Mine Action Standing Board of Program 504, GICHD and the Vietnam Veterans of Americans Foundation (IC-VVAF).
Translated by Mai Huong
- Seminar seeks way to boost sustainable Vietnam-Africa farming cooperation
- Seminar promotes Vietnam – France trade cooperation
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 18
- Visit by VP Harris bolsters Vietnam-US relationship
- China pledges to donate an additional 3 million doses of vaccines to Vietnam
- Vietnam active as WIPO chair
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 24
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 10
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 14
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 18
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 11
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 24
- China to maintain healthy, stable, comprehensive development of ties with Vietnam, says Wang Yi
- Land clearance a chronic bottleneck in Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 19
- Cooperation to develop training programs for project management capacity in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia to enhance ties in various areas
- Vietnam, Belgium agree to bolster bilateral relations
- South China Sea: Japan and Vietnam team up to bolster defences and take on Beijing
- Vietnam wants to become food innovation hub in the region: President
Vietnam to expand international cooperation on UXO clearance have 306 words, post on at March 28, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.