PANO – Deputy Defence Minister, Senior Lieutenant-General Nguyen Chi Vinh received Ambassador Stephan Husy, director of the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD), at the Defence Ministry’s Headquarters on March 27th.
General Vinh stressed that Vietnam highly valued GICHD’s support over the past time, and hoped that the support would be continued to help Vietnam expand international cooperation on clearing unexploded ordnance (UXO). Moreover, the organization should work with Vietnam to popularize the real state of UXOs, to conduct activities to overcome UXO consequences, as well as to contact other international donors for technical assistance.
On his part, Ambassador Stephan Husy highly appreciated Vietnam’s achievements in overcoming UXO consequences, and hoped that Vietnam would continue to share its valuable experiences with and give assistance in UXO clearance to other countries.
Earlier, a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding for the National Mine Action Program (Program 504) was inked in Hanoi by the National Mine Action Standing Board of Program 504, GICHD and the Vietnam Veterans of Americans Foundation (IC-VVAF).
Translated by Mai Huong
- Quang Tri pools resources to overcome post-war UXO
- Partners pledge to continue assisting Vietnam tackle UXOs
- Bản in : Partners pledge to continue assisting Vietnam tackle UXOs
- Part 3: Diplomatic sector helps maintain international security, peaceful environment and stability
- UK helps Vietnam overcome UXO consequences
- UK helps Vietnam deal with UXOs
- Social News 21/10
- Quang Tri successfully handles nearly 300 explosive devices
- No control on vaccine prices