PANO – Deputy Defence Minister, Senior Lieutenant-General Nguyen Chi Vinh received Ambassador Stephan Husy, director of the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD), at the Defence Ministry’s Headquarters on March 27th.
General Vinh stressed that Vietnam highly valued GICHD’s support over the past time, and hoped that the support would be continued to help Vietnam expand international cooperation on clearing unexploded ordnance (UXO). Moreover, the organization should work with Vietnam to popularize the real state of UXOs, to conduct activities to overcome UXO consequences, as well as to contact other international donors for technical assistance.
On his part, Ambassador Stephan Husy highly appreciated Vietnam’s achievements in overcoming UXO consequences, and hoped that Vietnam would continue to share its valuable experiences with and give assistance in UXO clearance to other countries.
Earlier, a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding for the National Mine Action Program (Program 504) was inked in Hanoi by the National Mine Action Standing Board of Program 504, GICHD and the Vietnam Veterans of Americans Foundation (IC-VVAF).
Translated by Mai Huong
- Forging Alliances: Russia, India, China Aim to Expand Trilateral Cooperation
- Speaker: Belarus will enhance international cooperation but rely on its own resources
- Foreign min: Russia wants to expand economic cooperation with US
- Turkey, Bolivia to reap benefits of expanding economic cooperation
- Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan expand SME cooperation
- Days of Belarusian Education due in Vietnam in 2019
- Belarus eager to sell trucks, municipal vehicles to Vietnam
- Belarus PM discusses investment cooperation with Vietnam's ambassador
- Vietnam responds to Int’l Day for Disaster Reduction
- The Belt and Road Initiative Brings New Opportunities for China-Vanuatu Cooperation
- Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia eye to expand cooperation
- Armenia to expand cooperation with China in forest restoration, environment monitoring and ecotourism fields
- Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia to expand bilateral investment ties
- Belarus to expand cooperation with U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
- Belarus, France to expand interregional contacts
- Calls for no repeat of 'chaos' at Belfast International Airport after 70 passengers miss flights
- Belarus keen to develop cooperation with France in economy, humanitarian affairs
- Armenian FM, European Commission Vice President discuss digital cooperation agenda
- Minsk City Technopark to expand by 10,000m2 in 2019
- Azerbaijan, Vietnam hold political consultation
Vietnam to expand international cooperation on UXO clearance have 339 words, post on at March 28, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.