(VOV) – The annual Kovalevskaya awards 2012 honoring outstanding female scientists were presented at a ceremony held in Hanoi on Monday.
The individual prize went to Associate Professor, Dr Bach Khanh Hoa, former director of the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion. The 17-member staff of the Experimental Biology Centre within the Technological Application Institute of the Ministry of Science and Technology received the award for numerous projects researching into the production of nutritious supplementary products from sea weed as well as biological waste treatment solutions. Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, expressed his hope that prize winners would continue to do their best to contribute to national scientific and technological development: “I hope that you will continuously overcome all difficulties in pursuing your scientific research, and to come up with new initiatives and inventions for the benefit of national construction and development. In future, the award should continue to honor creativity and the great contributions made by Vietnamese women in scientific research and national development”, Phuc said.
Besides the Kovaleskaya award, the Vietnam Women’s Union also presented awards in a writing contest entitled “Vietnamese women reflect self-confidence, self-esteem, loyalty and responsibility” and launched Vietnamese women’s Innovation Day 2013. Nguyen Thi Thanh Hoa, Chairwoman of Vietnam Women’s Union, said: “We’re trying to encourage more people to save at least 5,000 VND per month to help others to realize the goal of poverty reduction. If this campaign is implemented effectively, we can save trillions of VND as loans to assist poor women to develop their production. We can also provide women with information and consultation in the areas of family, child rearing and business”.
- Winners of Kovalevskaya Award 2020 announced
- Female lecturer, scientists win Kovalevskaya Award 2020
- Female scientists honoured with Kovalevskaya awards
- Award-winning female lecturer devotes whole life to science
- Female scientists receive Kovalevskaia Prize Award 2020
- Laverne Cox presents during Night 3 of the Creative Arts Emmys along with Bobby Cannavale and Rose Byrne
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2013: Les Miserables, Silver Linings Playbook and Argo secure four nominations
- Anthony Anderson, Tiffany Haddish, Kate Hudson, More Announced As Presenters For This Weekend’s Golden Globes
- Today show reporter Brooke Boney looks sensational in a silk dress on stage at the ARIA Awards 2020
- Winners of press awards for energy savings announced
- Zendaya To Receive SeeHer Award At Critics Choice Awards
- Golden Globe Award Producers Asking Presenters To Appear In Person For Live Show
- Anantapur, Nellore receive PM Kisan Award
- VINASA announces Sao Khue IT award winners
- Beyonce breaks Grammys records as Taylor Swift makes history at 2021 awards
- Dr Noor Hisham receives ‘Ibn Khaldun Merit Award’ on behalf of frontliners
- Selena To Be Honored With Lifetime Achievement Award At 2021 Grammys
- The Highs, Lows, and Whoas of the 2021 Grammy Awards
- Innovators receive Lương Định Của Award
- Mariah Carey, ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’s George C. Wolfe Nab AAFCA Special Achievement Awards
Kovalevskaya awards 2012 presented have 466 words, post on at March 4, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.