VietNamNet Bridge – The dead body of a wild elephant in a state of decay and stinking, was detected on the bank of the Ea Sup Thuong Lake in the Central Highlands province of Dak Lak, which is known as the land of elephants in Vietnam, on March 18.
Mr. Huynh Trung Lan – Director of the Dak Lak Center for Elephant Conservation – said on March 20 that the Center coordinated with the authorities of Ea Sup District to destroy the body of the elephant, which is about 3 months old.
The dead elephant was discovered on March 18 by local people.
Mr. Lan said the dead elephant may be a member in the 20-head elephant herd that sometimes appeared in the Yok Don National Park and Ea Sup district.
He also guessed that the elephant followed his mother to the lake to drink water and was bogged down, got exhausted and died.
Earlier, in mid-December 2012, the Yok Don National Park’s rangers also found a dead baby elephant of about 100kg on the bank of a lake in the forest of Ea Sup district.
In less than one year, the authorities have found three dead wild elephants.
In fact, the herd of wild elephants in Dak Lak is still growing but the solutions to protect them are ineffective.
- Captive elephant numbers on the decline in Kerala
- Five central provinces launch regional tourism products
- Vietnamese man prosecuted for illegally capturing live wildlife at home
- The only thing more upsetting than Harambe the gorilla's death was the reality of his life
- Everything leaving Netflix in April from Clueless to Dawson’s Creek
- All Netflix TV shows and movies leaving streaming platform in April 2022
- David Lynch and Trent Reznor: The Lost Boys
- 5 of the best wellness festivals to visit this summer to release your inner yogi
- Did horror accident that caused Bruce Willis ‘extreme physical pain’ on set 20 years ago contribute to shock retirement?
- Harrowing photos show tormented animals trapped in bombed zoos as Putin’s butchers invade Ukraine
- Four sportsmen who also committed awful animal cruelty crimes like Kurt Zouma
- What I learnt from living with a QAnon conspiracy theorist
- The best graphics cards for every budget in 2022 | Digital Trends
Dak Lak: Dead wild elephant found on the lakeside have 356 words, post on at March 21, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.