Google may be taking a page from Apple as it considers opening brick-and-mortar retail stores, according to reports.Google is working on plans to open retail stores in the U.S. where the company would sell Google-branded hardware, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.The Journal’s unnamed sources did not say where the stores might be located or if they would even open this year.Google declined to comment on the reports.”This would be big news for Google customers, workers and the entire retail environment,” said Jeff Kagan, an independent industry analyst. “Customers will be able to see, touch and play with all the new smartphones, tablets and whatever comes next.”He added that Apple is a good company to emulate for physical retail stores. Apple stores, known for the “Genius” experts, have become cool places for people to buy the company’s popular iPhones and iPads.”Apple stores are doing very well,” said Kagan. “So what’s Google look like on the retail front? They will likely follow Apple in some ways and create a new and different experience in other ways. We’ll just have to wait and see.”Google’s move into the mobile arena, including its purchase of Motorola Mobility, may be one factor… Read full this story
- Google Pixel 3a vs Pixel 3a XL: What’s the difference and which best suits you?
- Google Pixel 3a vs Nokia 7.1 vs Moto G7: Budget phones get better and better
- Walmart Presidents Day 2020 sale: Instant Pot, Google Home, and 4K TV deals
- The trouble with breaking up Amazon? Its online store is so good
- How Apple hopes to stop a customer lawsuit over its App Store monopoly
- Amazon places its already affordable Fire tablets on sale, up to $50 off
- How China made Victoria's Secret a pawn in its ruthless global game
- EU to unveil plans to boost European firms, rein in U.S. tech giants
- Check out the Australian shopping center that’s touted as the most sustainable in the world
- Popular email apps including Edison Mail and Cleanfox are harvesting data from users' inboxes and selling it on to third parties for profit, report claims
Google May be Considering Retail Stores have 375 words, post on www.cio.com at February 19, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.