The Hanoitimes – Following the popular documentary ‘Paris Agreement of 1973’ that received a lot of attention, another episodic documentary film on Mau Than Tet (Lunar New Year) military campaign better known as ‘Tet Offensive of 1968’ be aired on VTV1. The historical documentary series took ten years in the making and will be finally shown today. Directed by the Vietnam Television in collaboration with the Vietnamese Television Film Identity Production, the documentary clearly explains what happened in 1968. Accounts of the ‘Tet offensive’ have remained clouded and contradictory for long. For the first time, the true facts will be revealed. Over 12 episodes, which will air on Vietnam Television (VTV), viewers will learn in detail of the campaign, known as Mau Than 1968 and operated by South Vietnamese liberation forces against the US backed regime during the Lunar New Year. The event was considered a turning point in the long battle against American invaders. Each episode will explore a different aspect of the campaign, from the root of the plan through its implementation. The developments of the operation in the central region and the south will be reassessed, with particular focus put on the key battlefields of Saigon, Hue…
- The purist perfecting the art of documentary film-making
- 'It was just left to the people': behind a chilling documentary on the Flint water crisis
- Cunningham review – powerful 3D documentary about a dance pioneer
- Do you trust your computer? New film explores perils of technology
- Courtney Love not involved in new Kurt Cobain documentary
- Beatles fans asked to contribute footage for new film
- Tribeca Announces Short Film Lineup For 2020 Fest: Organizers Says It’s Still A Go
- It's my life: the rise of the pop-star scripted documentary
- Sundance 2016: which films are set to reverse festival's box office flameout?
- ‘Agnisikha’: a documentary on Eashwari Bai, one of Independent India’s first female politicians
Documentary film on 1968 Tet offensive on VTV1 have 325 words, post on at February 2, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.