Nhan Dan – The ultra-marathon programme, ‘Pole to Pole: Vietnam’, conducted by Pat Farmer and his Vietnamese companion, Mai Nguyen Dinh Huy, has raised a total of US$10,000 during its 40 days proceeding in the country, announced at a ceremony in Ho Chi Minh City yesterday. The money, along with that raised by the Australia Red Cross in Australia, is to be used to fund clean water projects and improve basic sanitation for the underprivileged in Vietnam. Pat and Huy started their seven-stage charity run on December 9, 2012 at Sa Vi Cape in the northern province of Quang Ninh and continued through 30 provinces and cities throughout the country before reaching the final destination, Nam Can Cape in the country’s southernmost province of Ca Mau, last Wednesday. During their 40-day journey, the two men were enthusiastically supported and joined by more than 20,000 volunteers including professional athletes, as well as local officials and citizens. Pat also gifted his book, ‘Pole to Pole: One Man, 20 Million Steps’, to local people in each of his destinations. A DVD about Pat’s 3,000km run from the top to bottom of Vietnam with 40 days on the road, is contemplated to raise public… Read full this story
- Two ultra-marathon runners in overnight Highland rescue
- The First Woman to Run the Boston Marathon Runs It Again – 50 Years After Men Tried to Stop Her
- Lucy Fallon to run London Marathon and raise £10k for charity in memory of auntie
- He runs 147 km non-stop in a day!
- Chris Evans fist pumps the air as he crosses the line of his fifth London Marathon alongside fellow celeb runner Helen Skelton
- Barbara Windsor's husband Scott Mitchell crosses the finish line at the London Marathon... as he raises over £100K for Alzheimer's amid the actress' battle with the disease
- Google reportedly working on a Chromecast Ultra with external remote
- London Marathon is postponed from April to October, organisers confirm as Manchester event is also moved amid coronavirus pandemic
- Tien Phong Marathon moves to May due to COVID-19
- Newton Teacher To Run 2020 Boston Marathon For Schools Foundation
Ultra-marathon run raises US$10,000 have 354 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at January 20, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.