Vietnam has so far this year had 124 investment projects with a combined capital of US$2.5 billion in Cambodia, becoming one of the 5th biggest foreign investors in the neighbor country.
The figures were released at a recent conference reviewing three years of Vietnamese trade and investment promotion in Cambodia, held by the Association of Vietnamese Investors in Cambodia (AVIC) in Phnom Penh.
In 2010, Vietnam had only 41 investment projects totaling US$566 million in Cambodia.
AVIC has set targets of increasing Vietnam’s direct investment in Cambodia to over 4 billion and a two-way trade value of US$5 billion by 2015.
At the conference, Cambodian Deputy PM Men Som An said the Cambodian Government has highly appreciated the punctual implementation of Vietnamese-invested projects in various fields, including finance, banking, aviation, telecommunications, agriculture, healthcare service.
The Government has pledged to create most favorable conditions for Vietnamese investors to produce goods and do long-term business in Cambodia, she said.
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 9 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 13
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 3 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 4
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 6 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 26
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 8 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 10
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 11
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 11 (updated hourly)
- Eight border economic zones prioritized to receive investments
- Full text of Budget 2015-16 speech
Vietnam listed in top five investors in Cambodia have 216 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 27, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.