VGP – The Northern province of Quang Ninh has handled 2.2 million foreign arrivals this year, an increase of 6%, according to the local Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
The above figure sent the total number of tourists to Quang Ninh to 6.4 million, up 20% against the same period of 2011 and the province pocketed over VND 4 trillion in revenue.
In November alone, Quang Ninh welcomed 510,600 visitors, of which 141,000 came from foreign countries and 180,000 came to visit Ha Long Bay.
Quang Ninh is one of the four major tourism centers of Viet Nam. The province is famous for the World Natural Heritage Ha Long Bay which has been recognized twice by the UNESCO for the aesthetic value and geology and geomorphology./.
By Kim Anh
- Santa Ana hotel to roll out the welcome mat
- Airbnb paid Maine $5.3 million in taxes last year
- QCR Holdings, Inc. Welcomes New Director Timothy O’Reilly
- Emperor Akihito welcomes Vietnamese president in what may be his final state banquet
- Vietnam president meets Emperor, possibly last imperial banquet guest
- South Africa: ANC and President of South Africa Invited As Guest of the Muslim Community for Ramadaan Iftaar Programme
Quang Ninh welcomes over 2 million int'l guests have 182 words, post on news.chinhphu.vn at December 11, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.