VGP – The Northern province of Quang Ninh has handled 2.2 million foreign arrivals this year, an increase of 6%, according to the local Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
The above figure sent the total number of tourists to Quang Ninh to 6.4 million, up 20% against the same period of 2011 and the province pocketed over VND 4 trillion in revenue.
In November alone, Quang Ninh welcomed 510,600 visitors, of which 141,000 came from foreign countries and 180,000 came to visit Ha Long Bay.
Quang Ninh is one of the four major tourism centers of Viet Nam. The province is famous for the World Natural Heritage Ha Long Bay which has been recognized twice by the UNESCO for the aesthetic value and geology and geomorphology./.
By Kim Anh
- Inside famous Sandon pub turned into £1 million LFC hotel
- Turkish science base in Antarctica welcomes first guests
- Viking chairman apologises to guests on ship stranded off Norway coast
- Wedding guest sparks debate after revealing she wants to wear pink leopard-print mini dress to her pal’s big day
- Guest nights up 2%, hotel revenues up 7% in February
- Australian hotel Ibis Styles Alice Springs allegedly caught segregating guests
- IOM sport awards: Sally Gunnell replaces Greg Rutherford as award guest
- 'Welcome to sleep deprivation society'
- Buxton hosts 70 French guests during annual twinning visit
- Lorraine Kelly wins £1.2 million tax battle