used to hang out at U-Pull Auto Wrecking in Oakland as a teenager in the early 1980s, and so it makes sense that junkyard-related stuff became so central to the Murilee Martin Lifestyle Brand™. During the last year, as my Junkyard Find series has evolved into a near-daily thing, I became increasingly curious about the life-cycle of the vehicles in these yards. A new row of fresh cars appears one day, replacing one that was put out a few months before, and that’s all I knew. Then, earlier this year, I was able to convince the brass at U-Pull-&-Pay Self Serve Used Auto Parts to give me a behind-the-scenes look at their operation, and I chose to follow the trajectories of two cars I thought would be typical junkyard inmates: a 1991 Honda Civic Si and a 1994 Toyota Camry XLE. I visited the auction at which they were purchased, I documented the pre-yard preparations, and I visited both cars every week for their three-month stint as parts donors. After that, I watched them get fed into the cold steel jaws of The Crusher. Here’s how our Civic and Camry spent the final months of their lives.this ’78 Chrysler Cordoba… Read full this story
- Gardening Homeowner Finds Live Grenades Buried In Front Yard In Saratoga
- Volvo Announces Online Platform For Buying Cars & Booking Service
- Aric Almirola out at least eight to 12 weeks with back injury
- P&O cruise passengers face 'rigorous' medical checks before boarding then one-way walking systems and no self-service buffets once on ships when trips resume after lockdown
- PECO Work In Radnor To Last 12 Weeks
- Henry Cejudo shows off incredible 12-week body transformation ahead of fight vs Dominick Cruz at UFC 249
- Richard Madeley complains government telling over-70s to stay indoors will tear couples apart as he reveals wife Judy Finnegan received a 12-week quarantine letter
- The 12-week wage subsidy is nearly over, but businesses are still feeling pain
- Coronavirus: 'Shielded' Britons could be told to stay at home for longer than 12 weeks, says health secretary
- Family of dad who lay dead for seven weeks 'lived in hope he'd turn life around'
Auction To Crusher: 12 Weeks In the Lives of Two Cars At a Self-Service Wrecking Yard have 369 words, post on www.thetruthaboutcars.com at December 20, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.