Sean Hyman (February 29, 2012)Something is about to happen to the Japanese yen.
This currency is on the move.
As far as I’m concerned, there is a very definite way to profit from this move.
But it’s truly amazing how much real-world effect a currency can have on a company’s profits and its employees.
Currency is where the rubber meets the road.
Here’s the clue to what’s happening with the yen…
Toshihiro Nagahama, chief economist at Dai-Ichi Life Insurance Research Institute, recently noted: “No Japanese manufacturing company can make a profit at the yen’s current level around 75 to the dollar.”
- Yen's slump failing to stem exodus of factories from Japan
- Market soars following Tet holiday
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 23/12
- As Japan grays, retailers covet youthful masses in Vietnam
- US stocks surge after White House delays key tariffs on China
- Social News 2/7
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR MAY 10-20 (daily updated)
- Children hospitalised for quinvaxem reactions
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 4/11