A recent inspection has fined several education institutions while some others have had to stop operations for unlicensed joint training.
Phuong Dong University was fined VND22.5 million (USD1,078) for unlicensed training
The Ministry of Education and Training (MoET)’s inspection agency has decided to fine eight education institutions for enrolling students without possessing a license.
Phuong Dong University was fined VND22.5 million (USD1,078) for enrolling students for the 2012-2013 school year under its joint training programmes with eight universities from China, Taiwan, Denmark and Singapore.
The university had also provided training in banking and finance at intermediate level in Vietnam under its co-operation programmes with Australia’s Humanagers University and at tertiary level under its joint training programmes with China’s Shanghai University without getting any license from local authorities.
Saigon University was fined VND7.5 million (USD359.3) for their unlicensed enrolment under their joint training programme on business administration in 2012 with Switzerland’s University of Business and International Studies Geneva (UBIS).
Other violators included the Vietnam Education and Research Company (ERC Vietnam), Melior Vietnam Company, SARA Hanoi Joint Stock Company, Singapore Informatics & Business Management Education Company Ltd. (SIBME), Institute of Finance and Administration (IFA), and Oriental Research Development Institute. They were fined a combined VND70 million (USD3,354) for organising joint training programmes with foreign universities without getting a licence.
Those institutions have been requested to pay for their fines for a ten-day period.
Of the violators the Melior Vietnam Company, ERC Vietnam, IFA and SIBME, which are all headquartered in HCM City have been ordered to permanently stop their operations.
- ADR-ODR Int'l NUJS Civil & Commercial Mediation Training Programme [4th-6thMar]
- NUJS To Organise ADR-ODR Int'l Civil And Commercial Mediation Training Programme [4-6 Mar]
- National Convention-cum-Training Programme on Eradication of Bonded Labour (July 28-29, 2018)
- ALARC & BCI’s Training Programme On Competition Law In New Economy
- Japan helps Vietnam tighten intellectual property management
- VIPS Mediation Training Programme
- Training Programme on Resolving Disputes through Alternate Dispute Resolution-With Special Training on Negotiation and Mediation
- One Day RTI Training Programme Organised By CRSGPP, WBNUJS
- GNLU: Advanced Training Programme on Trade Remedies under WTO Dispensation
- NUJS Civil and Commercial Mediation Training Programme