VietNamNet Bridge – Five fauna species of Vietnam, including the Hoan Kiem Lake turtle, have been listed in the top 100 endangered species of the world.
The report named “100 most seriously threatened species in the world. They are invaluable or worthless?” is the result of more than 8,000 scientists from the International Conservation Union (IUCN) and the Zoological Society of London (ZSL). The list was published at the World Conservation Congress in Jeju Island, South Korea last month.
- More than 100 native species in urgent need of help after bushfires, report finds
- Sangita Iyer’s 26-part docu-series ‘Asian Elephants 101’ will be telecast on World Elephant Day
- Homemade sanctuary boosts River Murray turtle conservation
- Why our freshwater turtles are facing extinction
- Rare one-in-100,000 albino turtle sighted on Sunshine Coast
- Mini parade of rescued young sea turtles released into Gulf
- Turtle-Smuggling Ring Busted, Chinese National Extradited To US
- El Paso Man Sentenced To 20 Months For Smuggling Foreign Turtle, Other Reptiles
- Mr Darcy's lake among 20,000 sites under threat
- 'Crazy' sea turtle mating marathon underway on Great Barrier Reef
- Endangered bird spotted in Pangasinan
- We've turned the world's biggest ocean into a garbage tip, and now the mighty Pacific is in peril
- World Lion Day 2021: Date, History, Significance And Interesting Facts About King Of The Jungle
- New Zealand’s War on Rats Could Change the World
- Government offers plan to release more endangered red wolves
- 5 perfect lake hikes in California's Russian Wilderness
- World Lion Day 2021: History and Significance
- Why do turtles live so long?
- The huge threat of climate change: Iceland's puffins and MANY other species pay high price
- Nevada Scenic Drives: Pyramid Lake Scenic Byway
Hoan Kiem Lake turtle among the world's 100 most endangered species have 253 words, post on at October 9, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.