Con Son-Kiep Bac historical complex in the northern province of Hai Duong has been recognised as a Special National Heritage and a ceremony to welcome the title was held at the site on Oct. 1. Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc attended the event and handed over the government’s certificate of recognition to the provincial officials. A wide range of ceremonial, cultural and sporting activities was also launched in the province on Oct. 1 to celebrate the recognition and herald the Con Son – Kiep Bac Autumn Festival 2012. The highlight of the festival was the commemoration of the 712 th anniversary of the death of national hero General Tran Hung Dao, as well as 570 th anniversary of the death of Nguyen Trai, who was awarded the title “Great Man of Culture of the World” by UNESCO in 1980. Spanning a total area of 8ha in Chi Linh, Con Son-Kiep Bac historical site is entwined with the lives and causes of Gen Tran Hung Dao and Nguyen Trai. The site used to be a defence line built by the general at the end of the 13 th century to protect the Thang Long Imperial Citadel. It witnessed important battles… Read full this story
- Trump’s Jamestown speech boycotted by black Virginia lawmakers
- Historic building due vote in NLR
- Historic building due vote in North Little Rock
- Quebec City’s colorful past is everywhere you turn
- Notre Dame Cathedral fire donations near $1B; recovery efforts ramp up
- Spring gardening events around Portland: Here come the plant sales
- Mayor, Atlanta Housing Authority announces $60 million commitment to affordable housing
- Dog About Town: Walking through wildflowers and more things to do
- SMPC Architects celebrates 75 years
- Which French Wine Region is Right For You?
Historical complex becomes special national heritage have 294 words, post on english.vov.vn at October 2, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.