- Vietnamese artists bring five charity projects to US
- 100 Vietnamese artists record song to cheer on national football team at 29th SEA Games
- Vietnamese artist to exhibit silk paintings in Singapore
- Newborns Vietnam to hold static bike ride for charity
- Vietnamese artists meet doubles at Saigon wax museum
On September 18, artists, actors and actresses Nguyen Vu, Duc Tien, Vu Hoang Oanh, Duong Yen Ngoc, Hai Anh, Trang Tran and Hung Cuu Long rode the city buses to promote the use of public transport in Ho Chi Minh City.
Sitting on a bus travelling around the city centre, Nguyen Vu said it was the first time he went on the bus and he found it “very interesting to see the bustling morning activity of Saigon through the bus window. All the buses that are clean and cool like this one will make everyone want to go by bus.”
He added: “The bus demand from the city’s citizens is great and it is still growing, so it is necessary to put more buses on the road during rush hour, and add new vehicles to replace the old ones.”
After going on a tour around the city, the artists joined the “Tam thien bui doi” group to make moon cakes for poor children. Many people and students used the new bus number 35 to go around the central area of District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. The tickets are free for the first two days.