Vietnam and the United States today launched a project to clean up dioxin contamination from the herbicide Agent Orange in areas of Da Nang airport where it was stored and handled during the U.S.-Vietnam War.
Vietnam’s Ministry of National Defense and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) will clean up about 73,000 cubic meters of contaminated soil and sediment. The contaminated soil and sediment will be excavated and hauled to a mound, where it will be heated to a high temperature to destroy the dioxins. When the project is completed (currently scheduled for 2016), the treated soil and sediment will be safe for industrial and commercial use according to the standards applied by the Vietnamese government as well as U.S. government standards for cleanup sites in the United States.
- National public service portal formally launched
- Space 'tow truck' will clean up Earth's orbit and remove defunct satellites around the planet as part of £100MILLION ESA project
- Work starts on Dioxin Remediation of Bien Hoa Airbase Project
- Kiên Giang province seeks investors for 64 projects
- Google launches 2nd phase of training for school students
- HCM City launches I-Star Awards
- New Huế-Đà Nẵng bus route service to launch
- Amazon reveals new renewable energy projects in the US, UK
- L.A. Launches ‘Skid Row Clean Team,’ Homeless Paid $15 An Hour To Pick Up Trash
- Industry Comes Together to launch Asia’s Largest Packaging Waste Management Venture
- Short Film Launched Female Filmmaking 'Femme Pyre' In Chicago
- SW China to launch PV projects with 3.6 mln kilowatts of installed capacity
- From opening up her home to film The Crown to now launching her own gin, the savvy Duchess of Rutland is the UK's most business-minded aristocrat
- Growth projections collide with SF’s goal of zero net carbon emissions by 2050
- First Mission to Clean Up Space Junk Will Launch in 2025
- Tesla power storage: Balkan battery project is 'largest running in Europe'
- NASA is about to launch a spacecraft to an asteroid to learn more about life on Earth
- President Obama’s visit is a hallmark of Vietnam-US relations
- A legal framework for water supply essential in Vietnam
- Vinh Phuc emerges as an attractive investment destination
VN and US launches a project to clean up dioxin have 349 words, post on at August 9, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.