State President Truong Tan Sang emphasised this at a reception in Hanoi on August 27 for Singaporean Deputy Prime Minister cum Minister of Home Affairs Teo Chee Hean.
President Sang said he was very pleased with the results of cooperation between Vietnam and Singapore and proposed accelerating the implementation of commitments for mutual benefit.
Vietnam is willing to cooperate with Singapore in criminal extradition, judicial assistance, and training law enforcement personnel.
Deputy PM Teo Chee Hean conveyed the best wishes of President Tony Tan to President Sang and reaffirmed that cooperation between the Singaporean and Vietnamese security sectors have contributed significantly to strengthening the relationship between the two countries.
He said he is very impressed by Vietnam’s development achievements and attributed them to the sound leadership of the Communist Party of Vietnam.
Stressing the role of ASEAN, Hean said in the current context of many global changes, a united ASEAN will make Southeast Asia a strong and powerful region.
- Congress begging for alliance in Madhya Pradesh: Rakesh Singh, BJP state president
- Singapore was the envy of the world when it came to coronavirus, but then the second wave hit
- Indian president visits My Son Sanctuary in central Vietnam
- State election systems to get more federal aid for security
- Vietnam praised for supporting nations in fight against COVID-19
- Virus-Fueled Recession Interrupts ASEAN Path to Middle-Income Status
- Virus Surge Among Migrants Highlights Singapore’s Two-track Economy
- Unity is key to ensure ASEAN’s central role: Deputy PM
- ASEAN member nations project unity against global pandemic
- SE Asia Stocks-Bounce back on stimulus hopes; Singapore biggest gainer
- Singapore faces deeper-than-forecast recession as virus clouds global outlook: central bank
- Virus Puts Focus on Deforestation’s Risk to Public Health in ASEAN
- Singapore says its COVID-19 cases may be higher than official tallies
- Singapore's first-quarter jobless rate highest in a decade, foreign employment drops
- Singapore reports 657 new coronavirus cases, mostly foreign workers
- Singapore reports 931 new coronavirus cases, taking total to 13,624
- Singapore's 'hooligan cook' offers free meals for needy during virus lockdown
- Vietnam attends ASEAN-US health ministers' meeting
- CORRECTED-Singapore’s Ikhlas Capital eyes mid-2020 fund close, rethinks $500 mln target
- Singapore’s Ikhlas Capital eyes mid-2020 fund close, rethinks $500 million target
State President praises Singapore’s role in ASEAN have 351 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 15, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.