LONDON ‘ The razzmatazz of the London 2012 Olympics is a world away from the last Games held in London in 1948, when athletes had to survive on rations, stitch their own kit and wash it themselves.
Some of Britain’s competitors from the first Olympics after World War II have watched the 2012 extravaganza thinking how it is all so different from the “Austerity Games” they experienced.
“We had to wash our t-shirt between games. It was a different planet,” recalls 85-year-old grandfather Lionel Price.
- Technology and the Olympics: 2012 vs 1948
- Nintendo goes it alone as game world evolves
- SAP co-CEO on how the company is taking inspiration from the gaming world
- A Brief History Of Star Trek PC Games
- Hong Kong Supporters Removed From 76ers-Guangzhou Game
- Google reportedly developing a game streaming service codenamed 'Yeti'
- Blue Wii with Mario and Sonic brightens up Olympics
- Norovirus Is a Terrible Gut Bug. The Olympics Could Make It Worse
- The Uber ban in London only hurts the people who need it the most
- How Intel will plunk you into South Korean snow by streaming the Olympics in VR
- Japanese Olympian Suspended: How Widespread Is Olympic Doping, Anyway?
- Molly Huddle Going for Speed at the 2019 London Marathon
- Here's why Olympic medalists don't get flowers at the Summer Games in Rio
- Samsung announces a limited edition Olympics version of the Galaxy S7 Edge
- Galaxy Note8 Olympic Games Limited Edition comes with a white back, gold accents, and themed wallpapers
- Best free games 2018: the top free games found on PC
- 182 fantastic iPad & iPhone games you need to play right now
- Best Android games of 2017 for your new phone, tablet, or Chromebook
- Best PS4 games: 25 must-play titles
- T-Mobile customers in South Korea get free high-speed data and calling for the Olympics
Olympics: 2012 Games a world away from London 1948 have 278 words, post on at August 10, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.