Since his training at the age of four, Marcel Nguyen, whose mother is German and father is Vietnamese, has won numerous competitions in Germany and other countries throughout the world.
He became a member of a popular gymnastic club in Germany at the age of seven in 1995, and ten years later, in 2005, he was named the German champion of the parallel bars.
In 2007, the young star bagged a bronze medal in the men’s team event of the World Gymnastics Championships. One year later, he clinched a silver medal in the men’s team event at the European Championships.
Marcel Nguyen and his German teammates were placed fourth at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, just one point behind the bronze medalists.
He is now training in preparation for the forthcoming Summer Olympics in London, in the hope of making it to the top three in his favoured parallel bars event.
- ‘Intersex’ Athlete Wins Gold Medal In Women’s 800M
- Vietnamese athletes win golds, set records at Taiwan Open Athletics Championships 2019
- Tùng wins silver medal at world champs
- India's Prime Minister Modi Congratulates Country's First Openly Gay Athlete on Gold Medal
- Mary Kom wins gold medal in style ahead of World Championships
- PV Sindhu Wins Gold At BWF World Championship: Here Are Some Facts About The Famous Badminton Player
- Sports Shorts: Pranati wins bronze at Asian Gymnastic
- Must not host Olympics unless we can win 40 gold medals: Abhinav Bindra
- Asian Games: Vikas wins gold in boxing
- Vietnamese boxer Thao wins WBO youth title