Hanoi is listed in the top cities of air pollution in Asia. The city also faces pollution of water, food, noise, solid waste and pollution at craft villages.
On average, nearly 5,400 tons of solid waste is daily discharged in the city, including 3,200 tons from urban and 2,500 tons from rural areas.
The city has 1,270 craft villages and a large number of them cause air, noise, water pollution. Many villages discharge waste and waste water to the environment, without treatment.
Many rivers and lakes in Hanoi, for example Nhue, Kim Nguu, West Lake, Truc Bach Lake, etc. are being polluted.
Below are pictures of pollution in Hanoi:
- Conflict noted for pro-hog farm vote on Pollution Control and Ecology Commission
- After Decades of Living with Pollution, Relocation Program Offers Corpus Christi Residents a Way Out
- The Capital Cites With the Deadliest Air Pollution
- Vietnam floods kill 3, threaten to submerge parts of Hanoi
- Lend a hand to prevent nonpoint water pollution
- Google to Test Air Pollution Levels with StreetView Mapping Cars
- Air Pollution Could Change Heart’s Structure As Heart Failure Does
- Newspaper: Regulators unsure where mill's pollution goes
- Fed-up residents on South, West sides fight City Hall over influx of polluters
- NH air pollution levels to create problems for some