The “Samsung Hope Relay” to promote the 2012 London Summer Olympics and raise funds for charity was held at the Phu My Hung urban centre in Ho Chi Minh City on June 17, attracting 7,400 people. Samsung will contribute VND50,000 for every kilometer each person walks to the “Smart Library” programme, which encourages poor children in the suburbs of big cities to study. Participants walked around major streets with a total length of 4km. On June 21-26, Miss Vietnam World Ngo Phuong Lan and international chess grandmaster Le Quang Liem will represent Vietnam in an Olympic torch procession in Manchester, the UK, in the lead up to the upcoming London Games.Liem and Lan are among more than 100 outstanding individuals from around the world invited to take part in the torch relay, under the sponsorship of Samsung.
- HCM City orange buses raise awareness about sexual harassment
- HCM City’s tourism promoted at World Travel Market London
- Play adapted from Balzac novel to be staged at HCM City Opera House
- HCM City develops arts industry
- VN Government supports special mechanisms for ground clearance in HCM City
- HCM City steps up cooperation with Australia in high-tech agriculture
- HCM City helps neighbouring provinces improve food quality
- HCM City to seek upgrade of Food Safety Management Board
- HCM City plans to clean up five polluted canals
- HCM City retail sales remain strong
Over 7,400 walkers join Samsung Hope Relay in HCM City have 236 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 18, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.