- Tripadvisor names Hanoi among cheapest cities for summer travel
- Hanoi, Saigon among world’s cheapest cities for budget travelers in 2014
- Hanoi: the world’s cheapest city in 2014
- Hanoi named cheapest city for summer holiday again 10 best value summer destinations
- Hanoi named cheapest city for summer holiday again
Vietnam’s capital city of Hanoi has been rated as the cheapest destination for travelers in summer 2012 (from June 1 to August 31), according to the US website TripAdvisor.
Hanoi stood out of the surveyed cities from 48 countries which receive the largest number of visitors in the world
Criteria for ranking (TripIndex) is based on the combined costs for two people touring and staying one night at a four-star hotel, cocktails at a five-star hotel, a two-course dinner with a bottle of wine, and 2-mile long taxi fares.
Asia has six cities among the top ten cheapest localities while European cities are the most expensive with London staying atop.
The cheapest hotel room goes to Bangkok at US$81 per night, while the most expensive goes to London, at US$362 per night.
The top five cheapest cities:
Hanoi, Vietnam (US$141.12)
Beijing, China (US$159.05)
Bangkok, Thailand (US$161.90)
Budapest, Hungary (US$193.78)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (US$194.43)
The top five most expensive cities:
Oslo, Norway (US$499.91)
Zurich, Switzerland (US$485.82)
Paris, France (US$480.76)
Stockholm, Sweden (US$472.36).