An exhibition of visual artworks titled ‘From Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh City: Same-Same’ will be held at the Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts University on 5 Phan Dang Luu Street in Binh Thanh District from May 11-20.
The Australian Consulate-General and the City of Melbourne will officially open the exhibition.
Emerging artists from Melbourne and Ho Chi Minh City will present a broad range of artworks illustrating various approaches to the visual arts.
While each artist expresses an individual language to tackle different issues and aspirations, the use of similar concepts and aesthetic methods by artists from both cities highlights visual art’s ability to transcend cultural and geographic boundaries.
Australian Consul-General, John McAnulty said: “Targeting youth and the artistic community, this exhibition builds on the already strong people-to-people link between Australia and Vietnam and promotes a shared understanding of each other’s culture.”
The HCMC Young Artists’ Grant Programme is an initiative of the City of Melbourne in cooperation with the Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City. The project is aimed at supporting young emerging visual artists living and working in Ho Chi Minh City.
Since 2005, the grant has awarded 31 artists.
- Ho Chi Minh, president of North Vietnam, dies at 79 in 1969
- Starbucks opening in café clogged Vietnam
- Man in Vietnam opens plane door for mom with crying baby, will be fined up to $950
- The 10 best street food cities in the world, per VirtualTourist.com, Frommer's
- The call of Saigon: McDonald's to open its first restaurant in Vietnam in 2014
- McDonald's opens first location in Vietnam
- Chicago's architecture, food and historic place in music history keep the Windy City a tourist destination — even in winter
- An aquarium in Louisville? Businessman gung-ho
- City cancels final day of Electric Zoo dance music festival after deaths of two concertgoers, possible sexual assault
- Vietnam celebrates 40 years since end of war
- Total global disbelief as Trump is elected president
- Australian preacher born without arms and legs wows in Vietnam
- What's new at Phoenix museums in 2017
- Voices: Vietnam suggests where Cuba is heading
- Crystal Cruises ship to go around the world
- Silversea plans another epic world cruise for 2015
- Essay: The power of a smile
- A humerus reunion: American doctor returns Vietnamese veteran’s arm
- Judge clears Kung fu movie beauty in kidnap conviction of 4-year-old daughter
- BABY ON BOARD! Pregnant mom gives birth to baby on Emirates flight from Dubai to Manila; pilots make emergency landing in Vietnam
‘From Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh City: Same-Same’ exhibition to open have 396 words, post on at May 4, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.