An exhibition of visual artworks titled ‘From Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh City: Same-Same’ will be held at the Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts University on 5 Phan Dang Luu Street in Binh Thanh District from May 11-20.
The Australian Consulate-General and the City of Melbourne will officially open the exhibition.
Emerging artists from Melbourne and Ho Chi Minh City will present a broad range of artworks illustrating various approaches to the visual arts.
While each artist expresses an individual language to tackle different issues and aspirations, the use of similar concepts and aesthetic methods by artists from both cities highlights visual art’s ability to transcend cultural and geographic boundaries.
Australian Consul-General, John McAnulty said: “Targeting youth and the artistic community, this exhibition builds on the already strong people-to-people link between Australia and Vietnam and promotes a shared understanding of each other’s culture.”
The HCMC Young Artists’ Grant Programme is an initiative of the City of Melbourne in cooperation with the Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City. The project is aimed at supporting young emerging visual artists living and working in Ho Chi Minh City.
Since 2005, the grant has awarded 31 artists.
- Study UK Exhibition on way in Hanoi & HCMC
- This scientist convinced an Australian city to become a haven for mosquitoes
- Samsung’s third Showcase experience center opens in Vietnam
- What and how specifically can AI affect Vietnam`s biggest city?
- 852 opens with 'Dream Home'
- Second Annual Frieze New York Art Fair Opens in Randall's Island Park
- Creepy Australian trees 'bleed' when cut open
- 'Traces of Love' to open Pusan fest Thurs.
- Can Southeast Asia’s largest mixed-use development revitalise Vietnam?
- Houstonian Will Nguyen returns to Twitter with defiance after arrest, detention in Vietnam
- Houstonian detained in Vietnam to be deported after rare protest
- VNUHCM among top 500 universities in2020 QS Graduate Employability Rankings
- Novaland among 50 best-performing companies for third consecutive year
- American student William Nguyen detained in Vietnam during protest appears to apologize
- Bizarre “Lenin lab” embalms dead communist leaders to keep them “looking ageless” in North Korea and Vietnam
- An entrepreneur’s guide to Vietnam’s startup scene
- Jolie prepares to arrive in Vietnam
- South Korea helps Vietnam’s garment firms access advanced technology
- Novaland posts solid development in first-half of 2019
- Gary Glitter being deported
‘From Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh City: Same-Same’ exhibition to open have 371 words, post on at May 4, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.