VietNamNet Bridge – The Buddhist Shangha of Khanh Hoa province organized a solemn ceremony in early April to place a 44m high Amitabha Buddha statue, the largest of its kind in Vietnam, at Tong Lam Lo Son temple in Nha Trang City.
Venerable Thich Trung Thi, who manages the Tong Lam Lo Son temple, says that the temple was built in 1954, on over five hectares. The temple was rebuilt in 2002. The giant concrete-made statue began to be created in 2009, at the cost of over VND6 billion ($300,000).
If these statues are made, Nha Trang will have three giant Buddha statues, situated in the North, the South and the West of Nha Trang City.
The city also has a big Tathagata Buddha statue on the peak of Trai Thuy Hill, in central Nha Trang City.
- Interesting tourist attractions in Vung Tau
- Tam Chuc Pagoda - Ancient beauty amidst majestic scenery
- Making bells through the ages
- Laos celebrates traditional New Year festival
- The majestic beauty of sacred Yen Tu Mountain
- Trump under fire for threat to Iranian cultural sites
Vietnam's largest Amitabha Buddha statue have 170 words, post on at April 12, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.