Located in the Nhon Trach 1 Industrial Park in the southern province of Dong Nai, the US$130 million plant will be capable of producing 150,000 tonnes of stainless steel a year and will help increase Posco VST’s overall capacity to 235,000 tonnes per annum. This will make Posco VST the biggest stainless steel manufacturer in the country.
The first Posco VST stainless steel plant – also the first in Vietnam and located in the same IP – is capable of producing 85,000 tonnes a year.
Posco VST’s second plant covers an area of 39,000 square metres.
“The mill, using the latest modern technology, will bring highest quality products to Vietnamese and international markets,” Chung Joon Yang, Chairman of Posco group, said at the opening ceremony.
The new facility will serve domestic markets, Southeast Asian countries, the European Union, and America.
- UNIQLO opens second flagship store in Vietnam
- Swiss firm plans steel plant in Kadapa district
- We’re replacing obsolete equipment, not assets stripping—Premium Steel
- India and Vietnam to promote trade during Covid-19
- Jingye buys British Steel, saves over 3,200 jobs
- Vietnam to achieve rice export target this year
- Rupert Murdoch Plants a Wind-Powered Sculpture in Front of Fox News HQ
- The coronavirus domino effect: South Korean tech firms reel as Vietnam links curbed
- World's oldest pyramid in Egypt opens to the public for the first time in 90 years after British engineers save the 4,700-year-old structure from collapse
- South Korea hopes Vietnam will not quarantine Samsung experts
- Vietnam introduces timely support for businesses against COVID-19
- British Steel should be nationalised, urges Labour
- China's Jingye Group completes buyout of British Steel and pledges to invest £1.2 billion in company that collapsed last May
- Why Vietnam Edging Closer, but not too Close, to the US
- Second Apartment Complex Planned At SunTrust Park
- Three Tim Love concepts open today in Levy Park
- No electricity price increases in Vietnam until the end of Q2
- Tata Steel, JSW raise steel price by Rs 500-800 a tonne
- Steele takes lead at Honda Classic, Koepka & Fowler miss cut
- P V Sindhu, Saina Nehwal get tricky draw at India Open
Korean firm opens second stainless steel plant in Vietnam have 332 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 15, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.