The 29 year-old and his accomplice persuaded the worried parents to part with SEK 15,000 (EUR 1,704) to ensure their son’s ‘release’.
“The son allegedly called his parents saying he had been kidnapped and subjected to threats and violence,” prosecutor Kjell Janneson told local paper Västerbottenskuriren.
After handing over the money however, the parents called the police who questioned the man’s associates. It was revealed that he had been staying with the accomplice in Umeå, northern Sweden, when the supposed crime took place.
Several hotels in the area also claimed the 29 year-old had failed to pay his bills in the days leading up to the bluff. He was arrested six days after police opened their investigation and has admitted to extortion, fraud and narcotics crimes.
According to Västerbottenskuriren, the accused also has two previous convictions for narcotics crimes as well as for robbery and assault.
- Chilling details swirl in rape, kidnapping case of ex-NFL player Kellen Winslow II
- Car thieves accidentally kidnap boy, drop him off at school
- Every Team's Top Potential Free-Agent Target After the 2018 NBA Draft
- Murdered Florida woman's estranged husband, in-laws arrested in connection with brutal killing
- If all this is true, why’d Urban Meyer fire Zach Smith?
- FMIA: Smile, Jimmy! Garoppolo in Picture Perfect Situation As a QB
- £50m leap into the dark: Philip Pullman's 'unfilmable' children's thriller His Dark Materials begins on the BBC with dazzling effects, towering sets and huge stars
Son admits kidnapping himself have 235 words, post on www.icenews.is at February 26, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.