Amazon, a pioneer in Internet retailing, may soon open up a brick-and-mortar shop.Good E-Reader, an eReader and tablet news site, reports that Amazon this year will launch a physical store in Seattle, where the online retailer is headquartered.Citing unnamed sources “close to the situation,” Good E-Reader says the Amazon store will open in the coming months. A boutique shop with an emphasis on eReaders, tablets, accessories, and physical books, the location will be a trial run to gauge consumers’ interest in the concept.The store will also give customers a way to buy physical books published by Amazon– titles that the company’s bookselling competitors, including Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, and Indigo Books and Music, refuse to carry in their stores.Amazon: Book BullyCritics claim Amazon has “undermined” the publishing industry by signing exclusive deals with publishers, agents, and authors, The Christian Science Monitor reports.It’s ironic that Amazon may give physical retailing a try. The company has incurred the wrath of traditional retailers, many of whom claim they’re becoming little more than showrooms for Amazon and other online sellers.The Retail Industry Leaders Association recently griped about one of Amazon’s price-matching promotions, which gave shoppers a 5-percent discount for using Amazon’s smartphone app to… Read full this story
- Laura Ashley to close another 40 more stores in the UK putting dozens of jobs at risk
- Music retailer HMV calls in administrators
- HMV stores in Plymouth and Exeter close but Truro's stays open
- Hidden terms and conditions mean your Christmas gift card could soon be worthless
- Business review 2018: House prices soar, Ryanair and bank shares fall but food exports surge
- Adrian Weckler: 'Eight top tech trends to watch out for this year'
- GAMES WARNING: Your PS4, Xbox and Switch games could get A LOT more expensive in 2019
- The must-have Christmas toys over the last 30 years revealed
- HMV on the brink of collapse putting 2,200 jobs at risk
- Jobs at risk as chain with city shop enters administration
Report: Amazon to Open Physical Retail Store have 343 words, post on www.cio.com at February 6, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.