HA NOI — After publishing a printed magazine in the Lao language for 33 years, Viet Nam Pictorial has launched its online version at www.vietnampictorial. vnanet.vn.
The site’s up-to-date online news will contribute to developing the solidarity and friendship between the two nations.
Viet Nam Pictorial is the only Vietnamese magazine printed in Lao. It is also available in seven other languages including Vietnamese, English, French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish.
The magazine, published by the Vietnam News Agency, was established on October 15, 1954 to expose the world to the beauty and culture of Viet Nam through photographs. Over the past 57 years, it has been an important means of communication to provide news in a variety of fields such as politics, foreign affairs, economy, science and education and helped bridge the gap between Viet Nam and the international community.
Film week recalls bravery on Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea
HA NOI — Documentaries and films featuring the bravery of Vietnamese naval forces during the war will be presented at a film festival commemorating 50 years of the Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea.
The one-week festival will start next Tuesday at the Ha Noi National Cinema Centre.
In addition to showings of old films featuring the soldiers and people who built the trail, the festival will also present newly produced films portraying current life on the country’s islands and how the navy defends the nation’s sea territory.
Established on October 23, 1961, the Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea was a strategic maritime route to transport weapons and goods to the southern battlefields. It was a major contributor to the great victory of 1975, when southern Viet Nam was liberated and the country was reunited.
Short films on road journeys to debut in HCM City
HCM CITY — HCM City’s Megastar on Tuesday screened four short films based on the best scripts entered into a film project titled 89,600km+ launched by Blue Productions last April.
After the debut in HCM City, the documentary films will be aired on national television networks and at colleges and universities around the country.
“I’m afraid of Viet Nam’s chaotic traffic,” said Nguyen Khac Huy who made Chuyen Tao Lao (Frivolity), the longest of the four films. It lasts 30 minutes.
“Anxieties haunted me when I travelled on the roads, especially on national routes,” Huy said.
In Frivolity, he describes his feelings about Viet Nam’s congested traffic.
The daily life of Vo Thi Nguyet, who worked as a female motorbike taxi driver at Binn Thanh District’s Eastern Bus Terminal for 20 years, is presented in Xe Om (Motorbike Taxis).
The film is made by Nguyen Thi Tham, a graduate of HCM City’s Cinematography and Drama College.
Tham also received training on making documentaries in the style of cinema verite used by French filmmakers from Veran Film Making Association in 2005 and 2006.
Nguoc Chieu (Travelling on The Wrong Side of a One-Way Street) is a traffic lesson necessary for road users to avoid accidents and Tinh Anh Ban Chuoi (Affection from a Banana Seller) features traffic problems caused by manholes, several of which have appeared on HCM City’s streets this year. — VNS
- Google, WWF-Viet Nam join forces in Saola conservation campaign
- Việt Nam's greatest director returns with final film
- Language school runs free webinars on teaching English to non-natives
- Online writing contest for children launched
- Betting on Masan’s offline-to-online strategy, securities firms elevate MSN stock value
- The Scientific Paper Is Obsolete
- A war wages on online over Korea's most-loved heritages
- Inside Diane Kruger & Norman Reedus' Unexpected Love Story - E! Online
- Disappointed Parents and Secret Romance: Inside the Remarkably Private World of Sandra Oh - E! Online
- What Teenagers Are Learning From Online Porn
- The Unrelenting Martha Moxley Murder Saga: Old Money, Cold Justice, the Kennedys and Endless Twists - E! Online
- Young food illustrator brings Vietnamese cuisine to life
- Book project helps to promote Vietnamese culture
- HCM City goods supply remains stable at markets, but shipments from provinces slow down as testing rules are enforced
- New regulation on PhD enrolment and training strengthens academic integrity
- Digitalising film helps to conserve national cinema heritage
- French court dismisses claim against giant multinationals in Agent Orange lawsuit
- HCM City suspends students’ enrollment period due to COVID outbreak
- 993,000 students sit for high school graduation exam
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 5
Viet Nam Pictorial to publish online paper in Lao language have 709 words, post on at October 13, 2011. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.