A retired Florida cop is facing murder charges after authorities said he shot and killed his own son during an argument on Saturday night.
Tim Davis Sr. an 18-year veteran of the Orlando police department, was arguing with his 22-year-old son, Tim Davis Jr., about the custody of the younger man’s son when the fight suddenly escalated into a physical brawl, the Orlando Sentinel reported.
Davis Sr. allegedly pull a handgun and shot his son several times in the chest, police told the newspaper.
Both men were taken to local hospitals. David Jr. died from his wounds early Sunday, police said.
His father was treated for injuries to his legs and then arrested and charged with first-degree murder.
Apopka police spokesman Capt. Jerome Miller said Davis Sr. was trying to convince his son to give up custody of his child when the fight started.
The older man was “definitely remorseful” after the shooting, Miller said.
“He was upset and crying,” Miller told the newspaper.
Davis Jr. was a former Apopka high school football star and played for the University of Alabama-Birmingham in college.
Davis Sr. retired from the police force in 2006 and ran a daycare with is wife, authorities said.
With News Wire Services
- ‘Golden State Killer’ a crime relic as serial killings fade in mass shooting era
- Abducted Ohio State Student Killed By Gun Fired By Suspect: Cops
- Parkland school shooting: Graphic animation reveals exactly where victims were killed
- Killed Westerville Officer's K9 To Live With Family
- Police Use DNA In McDonald's Bag To Find Alleged Murderer
- Teen arrested in connection with 8-year-old's drive-by shooting death
- Stolowski served in SAPD, taught defensive driving before and after retiring
- Broward Police Using New Law to Seize Guns Like Nowhere Else in Florida
- Fight leads to gunfire, injuring 1 at south central Houston convenience store
- Homeless Houston man shot twice in two months by same suspect, police say
- Police seek ID for 'New York Billy,' who was found floating with cement blocks in Crater Lake
- Ex-Michigan judge slain by son in Florida, police say
- Md. Man Held Wife Captive, Then Killed 3 at Neighbor's Home: PD
- Who Is Saheed Vassell? Police Killed Black Man Holding Metal Pipe
- 10 Ways Parents and Schools Can Prevent School Shootings Now (Op-Ed)
- Man arrested in fatal New Braunfels shooting
- 'Tuba Man' killer headed to prison in second killing
- YouTube shooting: Suspect killed self after wounding three
- Houston police chief, mayor to discuss arrest in 8-year-old’s shooting death
- Should the Police Have Robot Suicide-Bombers?
Retired Florida cop shoots and kills son after argument erupts into gunfire: police have 425 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 2, 2011. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.