Exonerating one suspect, police charged two other men Friday in the beating of a San Francisco Giants fan outside Dodger Stadium, accusing them of a savage attack that included cutting the victim’s tongue and disfiguring his face. The arrests came two months after an emotional Police Chief Charlie Beck trumpeted the arrest of the initial suspect in the attack on Bryan Stow, a paramedic who suffered a brain injury and remains hospitalized in serious condition. Giovanni Ramirez, dismissed as a suspect Friday, had been arrested in May but never charged. ”In policing, it’s just as important to exonerate the innocent as it is to implicate the guilty,” Beck said Friday. ”I want to tell the world that Giovanni Ramirez is no longer a suspect in this case.” Prosecutors charged Louie Sanchez, 29, and Marvin Norwood, 30, both of Rialto, with one count each of mayhem, assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury, and battery with serious bodily injury, all felonies. Both were being held on $500,000 bail after being arrested Thursday. The complaint alleged both men personally inflicted great bodily injury on Stow, ”causing him to become comatose due to brain injury and to suffer paralysis.” The mayhem… Read full this story
- Settlement reached in LAPD shooting of homeless black man
- Cop tracks down one of LAPD’s most wanted fugitives after spotting him on Facebook
- Miami police officer charged with assault denies kicking suspect
- Homeless Houston man shot twice in two months by same suspect, police say
- Fans suspect huge twist was revealed in 'The Last of Us: Part II' trailer
- More Beats radio options coming, as Apple files trademarks for four new stations
- Comments for : IDC predicts Android market growth to end, and Windows Phone to beat out iOS
- Swing and a miss: Why virtual reality is striking out with sports fans
- Comments for : Add an iris scanner to the iPhone 8's list of suspected features
- Who are the suspects in the cold case murders of Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman?
LAPD exonerates suspect in fan beating have 345 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 21, 2011. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.