HCM City’s land sinking, while confined to its boundaries, will prove intractable if remedies are not taken immediately
The tidal peak of 1.58m, while not significantly greater than the earlier crest, caused many places in HCM City to be more than 1m below water, mainly because land sinking is accelerating here. Statistics show that 79 out of 116 flooded sites in HCM City are plagued by land sinking.
Land sinking in HCM City, which aggravates the city’s flooding, is caused by excessive underwater exploitation and rapid urbanization
- 10 dead, dozens missing as tourist boat sinks in Thailand
- Amid jubilation, 4 more boys rescued from flooded Thai cave
- Bangkok is sinking, so it built a park that holds a million gallons of rainwater to help prevent flooding
- These days it’s easy to relate to the TTC’s sinking vehicle
- Anies responds to Prabowo’s remarks on Jakarta sinking
- Bangkok Fights Floods With Thirsty Landscaping
- Osaka's sinking Kansai Airport to raise runway after last year's flooding by Typhoon Jebi
- Giant drains ‘will not prevent floods’
- Sinking Jakarta needs giant sea wall: Indonesia president
- Cure to sinking Jakarta?
- Greece in mourning as floods kill at least 14 near Athens
- Bangkok flood defences taking shape slowly
- Opinion: After the flood
- US artist 'floods' Times Square to bring climate change to life
- Peace is best weapon against global flooding threat
- Sinking Jakarta could face major flooding by 2025, experts say
- China’s economic growth sinks to 28-year low
- Manila Bay island-building to sink inland homes – expert
- How to prevent your HDB flat from flooding
- Sinking city: Indonesia’s capital on brink of disaster
Sinking Into Floods have 250 words, post on at November 24, 2010. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.