HCM City’s land sinking, while confined to its boundaries, will prove intractable if remedies are not taken immediately
The tidal peak of 1.58m, while not significantly greater than the earlier crest, caused many places in HCM City to be more than 1m below water, mainly because land sinking is accelerating here. Statistics show that 79 out of 116 flooded sites in HCM City are plagued by land sinking.
Land sinking in HCM City, which aggravates the city’s flooding, is caused by excessive underwater exploitation and rapid urbanization
- Death toll rises to 17 in California mudslides, 17 missing
- Green groups condemn UN plan to use $136m from climate fund for large dams
- Mussel beds act as traps for microplastic pollution dumped in the ocean by slowing the sea water flowing over them, research shows
- Boeing's self-cleaning lavatory zaps germs with UV light
- Hawaii just got a new 'largest volcano on Earth.' (Condolences to Mauna Loa.)
- Mum discovers £5 shower attachment in B&M to fill her paddling pool after hose doesn’t connect to her taps
Sinking Into Floods have 171 words, post on at November 24, 2010. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.