DICE has yet to release an official date for Bad Company 2: Vietnam and the VIP Map Pack 7, but it is quite likely there will be one by Friday. In the meantime, EA Games has featured the second brand new level, Cold War, which is included with VIP Map Pack 7, and the achievements that can be earned in the Vietnam expansion.
Cold War is a smaller snow based level, similar to White Pass. In a quiet village high up in the mountains located deep inside Russian territory, Cold War will boast some of the most intense infantry battles. According to the Battlefield Blog, the map was chosen to compliment the large vehicular based map, Heavy Metal. There will be tight corners and mazes of alleyways for surprise firefights to occur. Clearly this will not be a gung-ho type map, and covert soldiers will come out on top. Maps in the new Vietnam expansion have yet to be revealed.
Bad Company 2: Vietnam will feature 10 new achievements, one of which still remains a secret. The new achievements are as follows:
- Can I Go Home Now? – Achieve a team victory on all Vietnam levels.
- Every Gun has a Silver Lining – Get silver stars on all primary Vietnam weapons (Veteran weapons not included).
- Ecstasy of Gold – Get gold stars on all primary Vietnam weapons (Veteran weapons not included).
- Doing the Rounds – Get a kill with all Vietnam vehicles.
- Cantankerous Chauffeur – Get 100 kills with Vietnam tanks.
- Would you Kindly STFU? – Destroy a Hannoi Hannah propaganda speaker.
- Great Balls of Fire – Get 20 kills with the flamethrower.
- Just Because I Can – Finish 1st on the scoreboard on any Vietnam level.
- Ride of the Valkyrie – Get 50 kills with the helicopter.
- Secret – Achievement will be unlocked once received.
As noted in the list of achievements, the “Would you kindly STFU?” award is achieved by destroying a Hannoi Hannah propaganda speaker. With the addition of destruction 2.0, long time veterans of the Battlefield franchise will be quite pleased as previously there was no way to disable the tiresome messages that were stuck on repeat. DICE has yet to release an official date for Bad Company 2: Vietnam, but it will cost 1200 Microsoft Points or $15.
With Spike TV’s Video Game Awards coming in early December, it is likely that VIP Map Pack 7 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam will be strategically released as a reminder that Call of Duty: Black Ops isn’t the only shooter around.
What are you most looking forward to see in these new Battlefield: Bad Company 2 updates?
Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam and the VIP Map Pack 7 will be available on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.
Source: Battlefield Blog
- From the Cold War to trade wars: Six things you need to know about Indo-US ties
- Shadow Cold War: The Sino-Soviet Competition for the Third World by Jeremy Friedman review – rethinking history
- PM launches biggest review of UK's foreign, defence and security policy 'since Cold War'
- Superman: Red Son Clip - Green Lanterns In the Cold War (Exclusive)
- German metal legends the Scorpions helped tear down Cold War walls
- Vietnam needs new approaches to fund development: ADB expert
- Hidden ex-Cold War NASA airstrip located in middle of Mojave Desert ‘has been turned into military drone base’
- Vietnam needs new approaches to funding development: ADB expert
- Apple won't let bad guys use iPhones on screen, Star Wars director says
- Assignment Baghdad: Did a Group of Grad Students Really Help Plan the Gulf War?
- Bernie Sanders defends 'not all bad' Fidel Castro as he stands by old remarks praising Communist Cuba and admits he's 'shocked' to be Democrat frontrunner during 60 Minutes interview
- Star Wars Imperial Assault Gets Mos Eisley Skirmish Map
- When The One Percent Sent Its Kids to War
- India-US Roller Coaster Reaches New High
- Star Wars: The High Republic Concept Art Offers First Look at New Villains
- Jeremy Corbyn, 1970s Revanchist, Is Suddenly the Face of the New New Left
- New photographic exhibition reflects on the Vietnam war and the Battle of Long Tan
- Bright spots for FDI inflows in Vietnam in 2020
- BTS cancels Seoul leg of new world tour in April over coronavirus
- Modern Warfare season 2 maps: what to expect from Rust, Atlas Superstore, Zhokov Boneyard and Bazaar
‘Bad Company 2: Vietnam’ Achievements and the New Map ‘Cold War’ have 682 words, post on gamerant.com at November 17, 2010. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.