Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has agreed a deal to sign Bongani Khumalo from SuperSport United in January subject to a work permit.
A pre-contract agreement has been reached for the 23-year-old to join Spurs when the transfer window re-opens in January, subject to a work permit being granted.
Khumalo, who impressed Redknapp during a trial in September, will boost Tottenham’s defensive options in what has been an injury-hit season for the club to date.
Spurs have taken advantage of the long-term partnership established with SuperSport United three years ago to bring Khumalo to White Hart Lane.
Speaking last month, Redknapp said of the player: “He’s not expensive. We had him over on trial and we like him.
“He’s got potential and we’ve got a tie-up with the club SuperSport so we’ve taken him on.
“It will be a great chance for the kid. He’s a great lad. He comes from a poor background and he’s desperate for a chance and we’re going to give him a chance.”
- Everton agree £25m deal to sign Yannick Bolasie from Crystal Palace
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent agrees verbal deal for superstar to join PSG
- Watford transfer news: Kiko Femenia agrees a deal in principle to join the Hornets from Alaves on free transfer this summer
- Juventus believe Emre Can will join them in £31million move despite Liverpool hopes to agree new deal with midfielder
- Tottenham target Vincent Janssen close to agreeing a deal for £12m White Hart Lane move
- Liverpool starlets Kevin Stewart, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Ben Woodburn agree new deals with the club
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to finish career at Real Madrid after agreeing new deal until 2020 or 2021
- Barcelona agree £90million deal with Borussia Dortmund for Ousmane Dembele but are haggling over £27m in add-ons
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang agrees £61million deal to leave Borussia Dortmund for PSG
- Ryan Sessegnon snubs Premier League giants to agree new deal to stay at Fulham