Leading digital-cinema company GDC Technology opened a new training facility at its Sterling, VA office to better serve its North American client base.
“GDC’s Sterling training facility features large-panel TV screens which allow the attendees to see in real time the operational relationships of server to server, server to projector and VPN functionality, presented in a way that visually benefits the class and enhances their learning curve,” says Tim Folk, GDC executive VP. “With the advent of digital cinema, acquiring a solid foundation in networking is key to digital theatres’ operations. We are providing an environment that allows our trainees and customers a hands-on experience in configuring, customizing and networking their GDC servers.”
GDC training courses are tailored to skill levels and depth of information needed. These courses provide specific proficiencies for theatre managers, projectionists, service and installation partners as well as field-service engineers. Each participant is given printed manuals and course materials based on the course components they have chosen and can take the material with them to use as technical reference.
“The training groups are kept small, 12 participants or less to ensure plenty of hands-on practice to thoroughly familiarize everyone with GDC’s software features and server functionality,” Folk notes.
“GDC also offers an online training course that allows the participant to view the courses via the Internet, and all training program materials are sent to each person prior to their class date,” says Gray Eby, GDC training manager. Though GDC recommends physical attendance due to the hands-on nature of the courses, arrangements can be made for online courses. User Level and Service Level Training certificates are awarded upon the successful completion of the course quiz.
GDC’s Sterling office is located just outside the nation’s capital, seven miles north of the Dulles Airport, and shuttle service to the training facility is provided. To learn more about GDC’s training program and schedule, e-mail [email protected]. GDC also offers training courses at their West Coast office located in Burbank, CA, on a request basis.
- Planning permission granted for temporary training facilities for GAA Club hit by sinkhole
- WWE: Professional wrestling giant to open UK-based training facility
- Swinging for the fences: DeKalb training facility offers data-driven baseball assessments
- 'The training facilities were horrendous': Former Blackpool goalkeeper Joe Lewis slams club for lack of investment
- Stratford’s Facey Thompson feels at home in new training facility
- Fans demand another Champions League win at Real Madrid open training session
- Manchester City maintain pressure on Liverpool with facile win over 10-man Wolves
- Training hub for front line ambulance crews opens in Northampton
- East Midlands Ambulance Service expands regional training hubs with modular facilities
- Dedicated one-stop-shop facility for triathletes opens in Swansea
- Mick McCarthy's Ireland set for training camp at top class facility in Algarve ahead of crucial summer qualifiers
- BOXING CLUB CLOSER TO OPENING NEW BASE
- Engineering training academy to open in Tees Valley
- Man City training squad ahead of Schalke fixture revealed
- Lifestyle Fitness Ballymena launches 24-hour opening
- Fraudsters selling fake train tickets for less than half price on Dark Web as probe proves they fool railway
- Scottish boxer uses high-tech Hamilton facility to prepare for big fight
- Youth team players among 10 killed in blaze at training centre of leading Brazilian soccer team
- Weston College to open new construction industry training centre
- Watch as Cabinet minister Amber Rudd MP is given a behind-the-scenes glimpse of Openreach's training school in Peterborough
GDC opens training facility in Sterling, VA have 553 words, post on www.filmjournal.com at October 12, 2010. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.