ITV1’s coverage of England’s 1-1 World Cup draw with the USA peaked with nearly 20 million viewers on Saturday, 12 June.
ITV1 HD’s coverage of the match suffered an embarrassing fault after it cut to an ad break just as Steven Gerrard scored England’s goal. There was no interruption to ITV1.
World Cup Live averaged 13.160 million viewers and a 56% share of the audience, between 6.15pm and 9.45pm, according to unofficial overnight figures.
The game itself, which kicked off at 7.30pm, averaged 17.65 million, with a 15-minute peak of 19.415 million – a 69.8% share – between 9pm and 9.15pm.
It was the third World Cup match of the day on the tournament’s second day.
Earlier, BBC1’s coverage of Argentina’s 1-0 win over Nigeria averaged 4.322 million viewers and a 38.9% share, between 2.30pm and 5.20pm. The match itself averaged 4.89 million, peaking with 5.862 million between 4.30pm and 4.45pm.
ITV1’s coverage of South Korea’s 2-0 win over Greece averaged 3.103 million viewers, 35.2% of the audience, between midday and 2.30pm. The match averaged 3.55 million, peaking with 4.071 million between 2pm and 2.15pm.
Five main terrestrial analogue networks
BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4, Channel Five (available in all UK homes with TV, except Five, which reaches about 95%)
5.45pm: Doctor Who – 4.314 million/21.1%
8.20pm: Casualty – 3.022m/11.1%
9.20pm: Meet the Fockers – 3.1 million/15.3%
8.45pm: When Romeo Met Juliet – 556,000/2.1%
9.45pm: Have I Got Old News For You? – 1.56 million/7.3%
9.45pm: James Corden’s World Cup Live – 5.904 million/27.6%
7.10pm: Sense and Sensibility – 988,000 million/3.9%
9.45pm: Big Brother – 1.798 million/8.9%
9.45pm: CSI:NY – 1.882 million/9.2%
All ratings are unofficial overnight figures, including live and same day timeshifted (recorded) viewing, but excluding on demand, HD, +1 or other – unless otherwise stated
• To contact the MediaGuardian news desk email [email protected] or phone 020 3353 3857. For all other inquiries please call the main Guardian switchboard on 020 3353 2000.
• If you are writing a comment for publication, please mark clearly “for publication”.
- World Cup: Lukaku scores twice as Belgium prove too strong for Panama
- World Cup: Nervy Argentina seek Messi magic against Iceland
- World Cup: France finish top ahead of Denmark after stalemate
- World Cup: USA stun Ghana 2-1 with late winner
- Popular England arrive in S.Africa for World Cup
- World Cup: FIFA probing Suarez bite furore, lengthy ban seen
- Russia and Qatar to host 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups, respectively
- Sweden, USA advance to World Cup semi-finals
- World Cup: Uruguay stunned by Costa Rica
- 'Woeful' England disappoint again at World Cup
- World Cup: Tired Italy look to avoid more humiliation
- World Cup: Uruguay beat Italy 1-0 to reach last 16
- Qatar World Cup shift gives Japan winter blues
- Football: Blatter apologises for World Cup howlers
- World Cup: Ten-man Costa Rica stun Greece in penalty shootout
- Lewandowski record helps Poland qualify for 2018 World Cup
- World Cup: Best yet to come from Germany, insists Loew
- USA crush France 3-1 to reach World Cup finals
- World Cup: Belgium overcome American resistance to reach quarters
- Fresh protests at World Cup as Mandela family mourns
World Cup 2010: England-USA clash pulls in peak of nearly 20m have 506 words, post on www.theguardian.com at June 14, 2010. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.