Vietnamese are the second biggest fans of football in the Asia Pacific region, with 52 per cent declaring themselves to be “avid” followers of football, a survey done by The Nielsen Company has found.
Indonesians topped with 54 per cent.
Viet Nam also ranked second in the level of intent to follow the finals with 68 per cent.
Eighty-five percent of Vietnamese said they would watch the games live on television, again the second highest out of 14 countries surveyed in the region.
It was followed by delayed broadcast/highlights (59 per cent), online streaming (46 per cent), newspapers (42 per cent), online video clips (32 per cent), online articles/reports (34 per cent), radio (21 per cent), online blogs/chat rooms/forums (19 per cent), internet on mobile phone (18 per cent), and others.
Forty-six percent of Vietnamese agreed that penalty shoot-outs are the best way to decide a drawn match.
The majority (64 per cent) also said that referees should be allowed to use television replays to make decisions.
Former striker quits Dong Nai
Coach Nguyen Van Dung has resigned from his position after Dong Nai’s poor performance in the First Division.
The team has fallen to second-to-last place after 15 matches to face relegation.
Tran Binh Su, former national team coach, is expected to take charge of the team next week.
Dung, who helped Viet Nam finish second at the 1998 Southeast Asian Football Championship, will take an assistant coach position in Ninh Binh team.
Archers to take aim in capital
Seventy-eight archers will compete in the National Archery Championship in Ha Noi from June 20-27.
The annual event has drawn athletes from eight teams who will compete for 16 medal sets in men’s and women’s recurve (one-string bow) and compound (three-string bow).
Ha Noi to launch Peace Run
A ceremony to launch the 37th Run for Peace-Ha Noi Moi Newspaper will be held at the Quan Ngua Sport Palace on Sunday, the organising committee announced yesterday.
The event, meant to commemorate the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Olympic Run Day, will see more than 150,000 people racing in teams during the qualifying rounds beginning on Sunday and continue till the end of September.
Runners will compete in the men’s and women’s 300m, 500m, 800m and 1,500m. The top athletes will compete in the final race on October 4. — VNS
- Open defecation: Nigeria ranked second in the World — FG
- The United States isn't the best country to raise kids — by a long shot — survey says
- The best country in the world to raise a child? It's not America, survey finds
- Revealed, the BEST countries in the world to raise a child: Britain ranks 11th while the US comes 18th as Denmark, Sweden and Norway clinch the top spots
- Civic chief Rao leads late-night raids to ensure Pune is clean for Swachh Sarvekshan ranking
- Wrestling: Vinesh Phogat wins gold at Rome Ranking Series event
- 'Hi from the girls across the hall': Jennifer Aniston sends Friends fans into a frenzy again by posing with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow for new Instagram snap
- State Bank of Vietnam gains top ranking in PAR
- Kalyan aims for top 25 in Swachh survey
- Tinuiti Ranked #1 Best Place to Work by Ad Age for the Second Consecutive Year
- Report: United States Ranked 18th Best Country To Raise A Child
- VN needs healthy social media environment: official
- Samsung Ranks 4th in U.S. Survey of Most Innovative Tech Brands
- The Sims is asking players about potential new features like "bromances" and second homes
- WEF Risks Report ranks climate change as biggest global threat
- Radiohead’s 40 greatest songs – ranked!
- India ranks behind US, China and Germany for global CEOs
- Amitabh Bachchan most influential Indian, followed by Deepika, Dhoni: Survey
- La Adictiva Banda Snags Second No. 1 on Latin Airplay Chart With 'Escondidos'
- 6 Pennsylvania Cities Make U.S. News' Ranking Of '100 Best Places To Live'
VN rank second in fan survey have 619 words, post on at June 17, 2010. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.