The night before Tesla’s IPO raised $226.1 million, the goateed Musk, who served as inspiration for Robert Downey‘s portrayal of Tony Stark in the “Iron Man” movies, celebrated his 39th birthday with his 24-year-old fiancée, actress Talulah Riley – who’s in the upcoming “Inception” with Leo DiCaprio – and a small group of friends at the Waverly Inn in Greenwich Village.
An insider tells us that, in an example of life imitating art, “Iron Man 2” star Scarlett Johansson and her husband, Ryan Reynolds, were originally supposed to come along for the ride, but the actress had to cancel due to a “work obligation.” According to our source, however, Johansson – who appeared in the “Iron Man 2” Monte Carlo racing scene in which Musk had a cameo – “promised” the entrepreneur they’d celebrate his birthday belatedly over drinks in the near future.
After dinner, Musk’s crew continued to the Gansevoort Hotel rooftop in the Meatpacking District for postprandial partying. But finding the place too quiet for their tastes, they made a short walk to the always-rocking Standard Hotel.
It’s unclear who was picking up the tab for the night, given recent press reports that Musk has claimed cash-flow problems, in filings pertaining to his divorce from fantasy novelist Justine Musk.
According to The New York Times, Musk, who once had $200 million in cash in his coffers, “is living off loans from wealthy friends.” He “subsists” on a meager $200,000 a month, yet still flies a private jet.
A spokeswoman for Musk declined to comment on his night out or his business, but after Tuesday’s public offering, Musk can probably again afford to pick up the check.
- Elon Musk confirms Tesla's India launch on Twitter
- Elon Musk now the richest person in the world overtaking Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- Elon Musk debates how to give away world’s biggest fortune
- Elon Musk wants you to use Signal instead of Facebook. Here's what to know about the app
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk confirms India entry, opens unit in Bengaluru
- Elon Musk spends just four days as the world's richest man before Tesla stock nosedives by almost 8 per cent - wiping nearly $14billion from his net worth
- What is Elon Musk’s net worth and is he the richest person in the world?
- Elon Musk promises $25,000 Tesla and says Model S 'Plaid' is coming soon
- Elon Musk to offer $100 MILLION prize for best carbon capture technology as newly-inaugurated US President Joe Biden commits to ambitious new climate change agenda
- Elon Musk breaks silence, says Tesla coming to India 'as promised'
- SpaceX simplified: Everything you need to know about Elon Musk's rocket empire
- Volkswagen CEO joins Twitter and immediately trolls Tesla and Elon Musk
- Tesla R&D Unit Registered In Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Welcomes Elon Musk
- Elon Musk confirms Tesla's India entry; 5 states vying for plant
- Tesla's mystery pickup: Electric cybertruck unveiled on November 21, says Elon Musk
- Boring Company to the Rescue? Elon Musk Offers a Solution to Miami's Current Problems
- Tesla would need 1,600 YEARS to earn the money invested in the company on the stock market
- Tesla finally enters India, first stop is Bengaluru
- Tesla faces bumpier ride breaking into India after China success
- Here’s what’s happening if you see someone steering a Tesla while it’s in park
Tesla Motors car mogul Elon Musk shifts into fund-loving overdrive have 565 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at June 30, 2010. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.