Dengue fever cases on rise in Ha Noi
HA NOI — As many as 700 people in Ha Noi are affected by dengue fever every week, 10-times higher than in previous years, according to the head of the Health Ministry’s Preventive Medicine and Environment Department, Nguyen Huy Nga.
By the end of August, the city had seen 2,985 dengue fever cases with no casualties. All of the districts in the city had had dengue fever patients, Nga said.
“Most of the patients were in districts with a lot of migrant workers, including Cau Giay, Thanh Xuan and Hoang Mai,” he said.
The disease had also broken out quickly in suburban districts such as Tu Liem and Thanh Tri.
By the end of last month, the number of dengue fever patients in the northern provinces had reached 5,000-6,000. The entire country had seen 55,000 cases of dengue fever, an increase of 25 per cent compared with the same period last year.
“Dengue fever cases were up in Ha Noi because of the increased population density and rampant construction,” Nga said.
Although the number of dengue patients had increased, the city had not yet confirmed any hot spots for the disease, so “residents should not be worried,” he said.
The Ministry of Health has asked city and district preventive medical centres to sterilise affected areas. — VNS
- Covid cases map: COVID-19 cases rise 97% amid 'Freedom Day' reopening - top five hotspots
- Australian permanent resident dies after contracting COVID-19 in India as country suffers record case rise
- As Covid Cases Rise In Maryland And Nationally, Officials Renew Push For Vaccinations
- As Covid-19 cases rise, Sangli imposes strict six-day lockdown
- 2 more kids die of dengue fever in Zambales
- Are Masks Back? Philly Urging All To Wear Them As Cases Rise
- Should vaccinated people mask up with COVID-19 cases rising?
- COVID cases rise in dist for 4th day in a row
- New Orleans 'strongly recommends' masks as COVID-19 cases rise
- EXCLUSIVE | Political Rallies Have No Impact On Covid Cases Rise In West Bengal, Says BJP State Chief Dilip Ghosh
- Covid: Christmas restrictions warning if Wales' cases rise
- Tokyo’s COVID cases rise to six-month high
- S.F.'s COVID case rate has spiked above California's. What's going on?
- As Covid cases rise, some conservatives make surprising course correction on vaccine ahead of 2022 midterms
- FTSE recovers but pound slides as Covid cases rise
- NCR’s new COVID-19 cases rise by 27% in just 7 days — OCTA
- Delta variant takes hold in US as cases rise nearly 70 percent in 'pandemic of the unvaccinated'
- Benidorm tourist crackdown: Spain holiday hotspot set for night curfew as Covid cases rise
- More restrictions on social life in Kozhikode as COVID cases rise
- Covid cases rise in all England areas except for 3% - see how your area is doing
Dengue fever cases on rise in Ha Noi have 448 words, post on at September 16, 2009. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.